Ebay Find - Thoughts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ebay Find - Thoughts?

Since I have today off, I was browsing Ebay late last night and came across some LB Hanover Burgundy Longwings in my size. My winning bid was $10.50, so based on some google research, I think I may have gotten a real deal. Not sure how old they are, but they seem to be in pretty good condition as far as the leather goes, and I believe that I can have them resoled if needed.

Anyone have any experience with LB Hanover shoes?

Here is a pic from the post:

https://plus.google.com/photos/108983819711671927097/albums/5796981902786548609?authkey=CLiaw462jYCXygE

I am guessing that I will have to give them a good cleaning and proper shinning when I receive them.

I am not sure if these are cordovan leather or not.

Thanks for reading.

I don't think they're shell cordovan, but they could still clean up nicely and would easily be worth $10 if they don't kill your feet.

Comment

From what I can see from the serial numbers that they are not shell. Nevertheless, still a very nice shoe at any price. They just don't make 'em like that anymore.

Wear them in good health!

Comment

Those could very well be shell ... I'd ask capnwes on Styleforum. He has a huge amount of experience with Hanover shoes.

Comment

Working...
        X