• Time
  • Show
Clear All

What to wear/How to wear?: Allen Edmonds Red Sedona

My wife recently surprised me w/ these red Sedona's

problem is I don't know what I would wear w/ it

anyone advice?

http://www.allenedmonds.com/aeonline...40000000001_-1

The distressed leather and bright color make it a casual shoe. The fact that it's a penny loafer makes it a spring/summer shoe (and reinforces its casual nature). It'll go with shorts and khakis. You can wear them any way you would casually wear regular penny loafers. Just be conscious of the other colors you're wearing.

You can try going sockless with a tieless navy suit if you're brave, but you'll need the right navy suit to pull it off and you'll still get curious looks from people that don't know what to think so confidence is needed. :-)

Comment

Blue denim/navy pants would work well with that. Especially since it's in the 90s where you are!

Comment

thx alan & nich not sure if i'm bold enough to wear w/ a navy suit yet

- I did have shorts & chino pants as the bottoms, what about shirts - mainly colors to pair w/ the red? I'm thinking white, gray, browns would compliment the bold red?

Comment

navy pants and white pants.

those brown sedonas look really nice, what does everyone else think?

Comment

@itsme, you will need to wear them confidently regardless of the blue suit due to the color of the shoe. They are a very nice pair of shoes, i would wear them with tartan shirts, and plain above knee shorts, or plaid shorts with plain blue OCBD shirt. Like Alan said they are casual no doubt so be casual, go sans sock and rock the hell out of them. Not sure how you feel about man jewelry but get a dark red leather bracelt and roll up the sleeves...

"The key to Success is the Quality of Execution"
            I>0<I

Comment

@Ryan, i see the white pants going, what top would you choose? I feel the white and red are heavily contrasting each other being right on top of one another and i cant think of a top in my mental closet...i do see it looking right just cant pinpoint a top

"The key to Success is the Quality of Execution"
              I>0<I

Comment

White pants with a blue or grey chambray button-up would be awesome. Or some dark jeans with a casual OCBD, sleeves rolled up (blue, grey, or even a light minty green).

I think the thing about shoes like this is, they're gonna be the highlight of your outfit - in a good way. So the key is to let em shine, and to not wear anything that is going to compete with them for attention. That way, you have a smart, cohesive outfit with one element that pops - rather than looking like a Christmas tree with every ornament piled on top of it.

Comment

@maxman red or navy gingham. I think it would look really nice.

Comment

Working...
                  X