Best Ties on TheTieBar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Ties on TheTieBar

I've been wanting to step my tie game up lately and TheTieBar seems like a good place to start. However, there are so many choices, it get's overwhelming browsing through them. Post some of your favorites on TTB!

I love their knit ties.

I bought a navy, burgundy, and a eggplant w/stripes

Comment

Anybody try their "grenafaux" ties? I'm looking to place an order for a few ties soon and and don't want to miss anything good as long as I have to pay shipping. I really want a couple mini-dot and mini-paisley ties, but the ones on TTB all seem to have color schemes I don't really like, so I'm thinking a grenafaux could be a good staple for upcoming weddings.

Comment

A lot of favorites were mentioned on this other thread: Your Most Essential Ties

Comment

Grenafauxs are 'serviceable' or whatever, but they're also obviously cheap. I bought two because I didn't want solid, untextured ties, and they seem fine for the price.

However, I'd drop $55 at the Knottery for an actual grenadine next time.

Comment

Tie bar is great for ties you can't often find from large retailers like wool, cotton, etc.

Comment

What KevinD said for sure. Plus I'd check out their wool versions as well, a great casual alternative to silk when worn with chinos and jeans.

"Waste no time arguing what a good man should be. Be one." – Marcus Aurelius

Comment

http://www.thetiebar.com/tie-bar-product.asp?pn=22644&orderPageReturn=%2FcategoryPa ges%2FSilk_Knit_Ties.asp&pg=11&categoryIds=31,62&o ptionValueIds=

As worn by Darren Criss! Well, I'm sold.

Comment

The one's that I have gotten so far are a 3" hunter green with white dots (which I can't find on the website anymore) and a 2" grey wool tie. I've got a wish list about a mile long and I'm thinking about getting one of the grenefaux ones next. I've also got a couple of novelty ties like a Christmas one and a houndstooth one (Roll Tide) on my wishlist along with some of the silk knot cufflinks.

Comment

I have a grenafaux... It's too shiny, and there's not actually that much texture to it. It's fine, I wear it sometimes... but Lib is right -- save your money, put it in a jar marked "real grenadine," and celebrate once you get to $55. A real grenadine is really, really worth five TieBar ties. Grenafaux isn't the same. I have a couple, and I wear them on most days.

Comment

I love the Tiebars selection of 3" ties but would be happy to pay a little more for better quality. A wide selection of, say, $30 3" ties (plus slightly narrower knit ties) would make me so happy.

I've recently got a bunch from them and they're OK, but also got some ties on sale from Banana Republic that I like more despite being double the price.

Comment

Tie Bar just posted on their facebook the other day asking for customer input as to what they can do to improve their tie collections. Head over their and give them a piece of your mind. They seem like they are willing to listen.

Comment

Working...
                        X