peacoat similar to hugo boss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

peacoat similar to hugo boss

I tried this on the other day and it fit me perfectly, it didn't have that big baggy look around it. Only problem - $600!... anyone know something similar perhaps?

http://store-us.hugoboss.com/Stand-Collar-Virgin-Wool-Cashmere-%E2%80%98Coxtan-1%E2%80%99-Coat/hbna50229130,en_US,pd.html&cgid=22000#!i%3D3%26col or%3D001_Black

Thankfully, it's a farely common look. What color do you want? Black?

Comment

How about this?

http://bananarepublic.gap.com/browse...&pid=428565002

Comment

@securitybro I thought peacoats are double-breasted.

Comment

Oh I didn't want it to be double breasted if that's what peacock means. I just wanted a wool coat with a similar cut, no giant military pockets all over the outside and a single row of buttons. I tried to go try on that banana one, and they only had smalls and Extra larges in the store. so annoying.

Comment

Double breasted peacock...made me laugh.

Comment

Obviously this is a preference thing, but let me just tell you my take on double breasted peacoats vs single breasted (I'm not sure if the single breasted is technically a peacoat or not). When I first began looking for a wool coat I was aware of the double breasted but since I was new to style and the coat game I felt more comfortable with the single button look.

Shortly after I purchased a single breasted number I went out with some friends and one of them was wearing a more classic double breasted peacoat. He looked better than me, hands down and I immediately regretted buying the single breasted style. Again, it's an opinion, but I suggest you seriously consider both. Don't just assume you'll look better in the single breasted.

Sorry if this isn't relevant to your particular situation.

My measurements, for context--> Body Type: Slim/Skinny |​ Weight: 175 lbs | Height: 6'1" | Neck: 16” | Chest: 40” | Waist: 33.5” | Shoulder: 18.75” | Sleeve: 35.5” | Bicep: 12.75” | Wrist: 6.75”

Comment

I ended up getting a super nice ralph lauren one today at their outlet store, $260 marked down around $140. I am only 5'8'' so double just doesn't really look as good on me. I can see it working for really tall people though. Had a zip which I kind of wanted, plus the button row was hidden. Also had a hood on the back. Can't even find pictures of it anywhere online, but I think i greatly prefer these to the double button / double breasted.

Comment

Working...
                X