Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alternatives to the Allen Edmonds Kiowa?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alternatives to the Allen Edmonds Kiowa?

Anybody know where to find a similar shoe? The AE Kiowas are pretty pricey for a semi-casual shoe, and they're pretty rare on ebay. They're now discontinued by AE so they'll be even more rare going forward. Does AE have a updated version? Does anyone else make something similar?

Suede is an option, but distressed leather is preferred. They don't need to be high end.

Comment

Have you tried contacting the AE shoe bank for prices on seconds? I got a pair when they had their last 2 for $200 sale and as far as I could tell they were firsts (even included the flannel shoe bags).

Comment

I did contact them. They have a sale on seconds for $180. Still too much - especially for seconds.

Comment

Looks like they still have quite a few sizes available on their site.

http://www.allenedmonds.com/aeonline...40000000001_-1

Comment

Yeah, I saw that. I'm just trying to avoid that price. :-S I was thinking somewhere closer to the $100-120 range. It's just a shame that the Kiowa is EXACTLY what I want, and I have a feeling that anything else is just going to come up short.

Comment

Alan, I don't know if you value my style opinion, but I find these shoes to be terribly ugly. They are ugly to the point where I would not wear them if I received them as a gift. I think that you can do better.

Comment

@bruschetta: If you're referring to the particular pair in the picture up above, then I completely agree. It's a terrible representation of what they look like. Here's a picture from Zappos:

All the other pics around the internet look more like these. In fact, maybe I should update the pic at the top of the thread.

Comment

What about the Neumok? It comes in leather and in suede.

Comment

As much as I like the Neumok, it's a wingtip and I've already got 3 pairs of wingtips. I'm looking for a cap toe with medallion. It's apparently really hard to find. :-S

Comment

@Alan - Not sure if you'll see this, but I noticed that the Kiowa is on closeout on my recent list from the shoebank for $129. I'm considering it now because of where I work and needing a lug sole.

Comment

Originally posted by alan View Post
                        @bruschetta: If you're referring to the particular pair in the picture up above, then I completely agree. It's a terrible representation of what they look like. Here's a picture from Zappos:

All the other pics around the internet look more like these. In fact, maybe I should update the pic at the top of the thread.
                        I've noticed that with several different shoe models. I often search for pics of a potential procurement "in action" (as t were). Better representation, or so it seems. Even then, though, you have to watch for light, exposure, context, etc. As we all know even our own pics here can be misleading, especially colorwise.

Comment

Working...
                        X