My take on transforming Stafford Wingtip Boots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My take on transforming Stafford Wingtip Boots

Soooo I was enticed by Joe's color alteration of the Stafford's, and decided to give it a try. Ok, actually, I put some neutral wax on, let it sit too long, then couldn't buff it out (anyone have any tips?)

I broke out a trusty bic lighter and melted all the wax (i know, i know), then hit them with some AE walnut shoe cream. then buffed them. then tried the wax again because I'm not good with that jazz and figured "why not?"

anyway. here we go

I actually dig them

Better than I would have expected! I already passed on them once, but I may have to give them another shot. At the very least, they may make for good shoes bad-weather days when I don't want to chance it with my AE Bayfields.

Comment

Looks good

Comment

Comment

Much better than I expected. Also not nearly as loud, and oddly distressed. For a good, long minute when the wax was stuck on parts still and my room was smelling like an oil refinery, I thought they were a goner

Comment

I've considered doing something like this too them but I kind of dig the color already. The only thing I had to do was add some dr. scholl's inserts because they were killing me before. They're great now and breaking in well.

Comment

hey, nice job! they look great and more expensive than how they look brand new from Joe's photos - your's have an aged look to them now. Margotron, between the frankenwatch project and this, you might be one of the most creative (and daring) contributors on this forum. looking forward to your next project!

Comment

Stellar.

I made the same mistake with wax in the past and melted it too by putting them in front of a vent while the heat was running.

Comment

Wow, you really did a great job. They look way more expensive now.

Comment

Def buying these today, is the size a full size down? Im a 10, so should i get a 9 ? I went to the store in NYC 34th street and they didn't have them to size em up, but def wanna grab em.

Edit, other sites say almost a size and half. Let me know what everyone is. My foots pretty narrow as well

Comment

@StevenDElliott - Yes, for me they were 1.5 lower than my AE Dalton boot size.

Comment

I picked some up earlier while running errands. Sure enough, I had to size down by 1.5 sizes.

Comment

Those look really good! I tried some on today and I think I'm going down a full size, from 9 t0 8. They didn't have any 8s, so I'll grab them next time I'm near a store that has them.

Great job and thanks for giving Joe's technique a test.

Comment

I'm sized down wayyyyy more than normal, but also wear thin socks. I bought 9.5 but wear an 11 in Strands

Comment

In the wild

Comment

Working...
                              X