Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rugged Chino/Khaki

Long time reader, first time poster.

I am looking for some chinos that lean heavily toward the casual side to the point of being a little rugged. Basically, a jeans alternative for weekends, etc. I have loads of dressed and casual chinos from Dockers, J. Crew, LEC, and more...but none really fit the bill. They would all look a little too proper to wear with a t-shirt if you understand what i am saying. Fit should be trim, but not slim. I tend to wear Levi's 501's and 514's, Dockers D1's, and am finding my old J. Crew classic's to be a bit big. (although i have one pair of old broken in j.crew's that are perfect, but they have changed them quite a bit since then)

So, any recommendations? To head one off at the pass...i have tried the Alpha and felt like it was painted on to my calfs.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

This will sound weird, I know, but I found some Haggar chinos called "Life Khaki" in a slim cut that might fit the bill. I wear them casually all the time. No crease, fairly thick and rugged. I have a brownish color. They also have khaki and grey colors. I got them by thrift, but you may have luck with online sales, etc. They may also not be what you're looking for, but they work like that for me.

Comment

Comment

I'm looking for the same type of chinos. I bought a pair of Banana Republic Emerson chinos for this purpose (casual enough to be paired with occasional t-shirt) but although they fit well they're still a tad bit dressier than I was hoping for. I was thinking the LEC "Comer" chinos look perfect but their largest size is 38x32 (depending on the brand I'm a 32 or 34 inseam) so I'm not sure I'd fit into them. Can anyone provide insight on how the LEC chinos might fit me if the 38x34 BR Emersons fit me perfectly?

EDIT: Oops, double post! Is there any way to go back and delete posts in this format?

Comment

I usually delete double posts when I see them. =)

You can practically pick a store and find chinos like what you're describing. J. Crew, BR, LEC, Gap, Old Navy, Target, etc. Levi has trousers in almost ever fit too. Just try on a bunch to see what fits your frame. Matt, you might find less common sizes online.

Comment

These Outlier chinos might be exactly what you're looking for - check out the write-up from Valet: http://www.valetmag.com/personal-sho...ino-092812.php

Comment

Outlier gear is great. If you can afford it definitely look into it.

I also just picked up some of these: http://us.levi.com/product/index.jsp...igkw=commuter&

About an hour ago for $52 on sale (in store, not online). There a 5-pocket twill though so if you're stuck on a chino-style then disregard.

Comment

Working...
              X