JC Factory Photography

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JC Factory Photography

Maybe this is a long shot, but does anyone else feel like they've ever been burned by the lighting/photography of JCF items? I usually pick up one or two things whenever there's a good sale, and without exaggerating at all, no less than 50% of the things I buy are not the color they were represented as in the photo. The biggest offender seems to be their sweaters, but I've had a few issues with their shirts too.

Usually I end up keeping whatever it is, and sometimes I'm pleasantly surprised, because it ends up being a color I have a use for, too, but previous instances have had me buy sweaters that were: darkish gray and showed up light gray, a variety of deeper colors (green, red, purple) that showed up really washed out looking, and shirts with the same experience. I've tried reordering, so I've confirmed it's not product defect. I know it's not my monitor, because I have a pretty nice one and no other stores have done this. Anyone have any similarly frustrating experiences? I feel like J Crew should really be able to handle basic photography at this point (though note that it's only Factory that has this problem).

The red gingham shirt I ordered was red, the navy gingham shirt I ordered was navy, the purple gingham shirt I ordered was purple, the olive coat I ordered was olive. No problem here.

Comment

Never really noticed it with JCF, but definitely have with Bonobos.

Comment

My backpack from J. Crew (non-Factory) was much darker and duller than the camel color in the pictures. That said, it was still gorgeous so I kept it and would buy another.

Never had any other color issues from Factory or standard J. Crew.

Comment

Hasn't happened with JCP (considering I don't shop there), but definitely experienced this through other clothing sites. One of the few drawbacks from of online shopping.

"One man's style must not be the rule of another's." - Jane Austen
          #StayDapper

Comment

Working...
          X