best affordable undershirts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

best affordable undershirts

I'm on a search for the best possible undershirt. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Requirements:

1. Cheap. I don't know who can afford 20$ undershirts, but I'm talking Fruit of the Loom territory here.

2. V-neck. Because they are superior

Bonus points:

1. Gray available

2. Fitted

So what do you wear?

There's been a ton of threads about this somewhat recently. Use the search feature. Basically nothing as cheap as most would like is the answer. Why Hanes or Fruit of the Loom won't make a 6 pack of grey v-necks for $12 is beyond me.

5'8" 155 lbs 39" chest 33" sleeves 33" waist

Comment

Express typically sells their undershirts as buy 1 for $22.90 get one for $9.90. Sign up for their emails, and you will often have a $15 of $30 code. Even after shipping costs, the shirts are a shade over $10. Express' undershirts are quite fitted, and they have gray v-necks.

The Mossimo line from Target typically has gray v-necks. Here's the link to a gray v-neck.

http://www.target.com/p/mossimo-supp...e/-/A-13771863

Additional colors - http://www.target.com/p/mossimo-supply-co-men-s-short-sleeve-tee/-/A-13771843

Mossimo v-necks are slimmer, but not quite as fitted as Express.

Comment

My favorite kind is Hanes Perfect-T, BUT the V isn't deep enough.

I've settle on ones from the Gap, in white and light gray.

Next I'm going to try Land's End. I could get tall, and with a coupon, it wouldn't be bad. The nice thing is, Land's End will probably sell the same kind next year and the next and the next.

Comment

I just bought a 3 pack of Stafford v-necks for $22 at JC Penney. They had a buy two packs for $34 or something offer, but I didn't need that many. They are excellent undershirts and all I've worn since finding them about a year ago. I'm not sure if they have them in grey, though.

Comment

I've been using these and really like them because they have a deep V and they don't shrink:

http://www.jcpenney.com/dotcom//bran...=SearchResults

One drawback, they don't make them in Gray.

Comment

I found the Mossimo doesn't have a deep enough V either. Should have tried it on in store. It peeks out whenever I wear it with an unbuttoned top button.

Comment

Another vote for the Stafford cotton/poly v-necks. Would be great if they were available in gray.

Comment

I don't even know what mine are, but I got them from Target and they work just fine. I guess I just don't concern myself much with undershirts.

Comment

TJ Maxx Polo Ralph Lauren v-necks. Can usually get a three pack for about $14.

"One man's style must not be the rule of another's." - Jane Austen
                    #StayDapper

Comment

I'm a fan of Jos A. Bank (I know usually pretty boxy), but great dress shirt undershirts. Best to grab when it is buy 1 get 2 free. That's 9 shirts for $30. They are long, soft and comfortable so not ideal for under polos.

Comment

Uniqlo has pretty good undershirts and a big sale section.

Comment

Go to Banana Republic when they're having a 40% or more off sale. Buy 3 undershirts, which nets you another 20% off for buying 3 or more and you're set. They sell some good pima cotton v-necks with a modest neckline that doesn't plunge too low.

But even more, I'm liking the Everlane shirts I got in the mail this week. The owner sent an invite my way and put a few bucks of credit into my account. Their tee-shirts are $15 but buy 2 or more and you get free shipping. With my credit, each came out to $12.50 shipped, and are more than worth it. The softest shirts I've worn and they feel broken in from the get-go. Here's an invite, if you'd like to go that route. I ordered two shirts initially, which just arrived on Wednesday, but placed an order for two more today. https://www.everlane.com/i/ms5ls1

Comment

Believe it or not, I took a shot on Wal-Mart's Faded Glory V-necks at 3 for a little under $8. I was impressed. They fit very close to the body and the V is deep enough. They're probably not as thick as Fruit of the Loom or Hanes, but they're 100% cotton and they've held up nice after a few washings. The only thing is, they don't have gray. I went back and bought 2 more packs of 3.

Comment

Another vote for Stafford at JC Penny! Been wearing them since 96.

Comment

Working...
                              X