Your thoughts on the AE Neumora

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your thoughts on the AE Neumora

I am thinking about getting the AE Neurmoa in black. My question is do you guys think it is appropriate to wear them with a suit? In my work environment, I typically wear a suit without a tie or I wear a sport coat, but I would also want to dress them up. I know the purist will probably say that double monk straps should not be worn with a suit, but many think it is fine. I just wanted some more opinions. Thanks.

http://www.allenedmonds.com/aeonline...40000000001_-1

Yeah, it would be just fine, particularly since you've already said that you typically wear suits sans ties which indicates that your office is not excessively formal. You'll be fine.

Comment

Sounds fine to me as well. I doubt most people would give the supposed incongruity a second thought and I think those shoes are really great.

Comment

FWIW, I'm wearing double monks with a tan suit and tie right now. I think it looks pretty good.

Comment

I own the Neumora in black. They are a great shoe. They have a more formal look than them than other double monks I have seen. Wear them up or wear them down. I think the double monk is extremely versatile.

Comment

These are definitely wearable with a suit. That's the fun thing about style...their are no "rules." Styleblogger does it all the time...so why can't you?!

"One man's style must not be the rule of another's." - Jane Austen
            #StayDapper

Comment

My bro does it all the time. looks sick.

Comment

I'd get them in brown, unless you only wear black suits.

Comment

I like the brown better than the black, but I wear navy and grey suits most of the time..I figured black would be more versatile.

Comment

Oddly, brown is far more versatile. It goes with everything but black. More importantly, brown leather can develop a rich patina over time -- it can look far better than black leather ever can.

Comment

Brown looks downright fantastic on everything except for black. It's far more versatile.

With grey suits, you could go either way, but with navy brown is far superior.

Comment

I like the purity of the Neumora. It's got a nice clean look to it. I do think that the brown would be more versatile but it really depends what you are going for. For that price you might also want to consider howard younts or meermins. I've read mixed reviews on the Neumora.

My cocktail videos >

Comment

I'm thinking of the brown Neumoras . . . currently on clearance for $247. They probably won't get much cheaper than that, right?

Comment

You can wear double monks with anything. They are my favorite style of shoe.

The neumoras aren't my favorite double monk however, they crease in a strange spot above the cap line. At least for my foot, and others have reported this as well.

Comment

I've a pair of the Neumoras, and I am pleased with them. As I wear black pants most often, I got them in black.

Comment

Working...
                              X