Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• donaskaboutjack
    replied

Was about to buy this, but after seeing your comments (ben, george), I've got to agree. Small feet, heel of the sock at the ankle, its rough times in the first world.

1. Can someone from bespoke post comment that the sock sizes?

2. Ben / George - where do you get sick socks for small feets?

-B

Leave a comment:

• george
    replied

I'm with BenR on this one. One size socks don't work for me either. And I'm actually on the market for some new, interesting socks. I really wanted to go with this box but can't. Kinda bummed.

Leave a comment:

• modernfellows
    replied

In the name of research for a new blog, I recently bought a shirt over at Alton Lane via their DC showroom. I like their team but am hot and cold about the shirt and their return policies. It fits reasonably well, but there are a couple of potential deal-breakers for me. The collar and cuffs are extremely rigid to the point that it's a struggle to button them in the morning. They also have a limited range of collars, and their "medium spread" is too spread for my taste. Those are personal preferences, and if you're the kind of guy who likes his collar to stand up straight and enjoys a wider spread (or a button down or point collar), you might give them a try. Also, their return policies are not as generous as, say, Proper Cloth, Ratio Clothing or Black Lapel. They don't offer an unconditional guarantee, and will only credit any tailoring that needs to be done after the fact to your account for future purchases. (Others will reimburse you directly for alterations or refund your money.) I will say that they're genuinely nice human beings, and seem to care about making sure you have a good experience. My full review of the shirt, including a couple of pictures, is over at Modern Fellows:

http://www.modernfellows.com/?p=833

Leave a comment:

• nicholascrawford
    replied

Still waiting for a Threads user to weigh in on their experience!

Leave a comment:

• nicholascrawford
    replied

True.

Leave a comment:

• LesserBlackDog
    replied

I know that as far as images go, Threads is a Google magnet. I'll image search stuff sometimes and my crappy photos will be right up at the top of the image search page if I posted them here.

Leave a comment:

• nharsh
    replied

I wonder if Alton Lane is that hard up for business or if dappered sends that much traffic to links?

Leave a comment:

• LesserBlackDog
    replied

Flippin' tables.

Leave a comment:

• LakeCharles
    replied

What is that second thingie there BenR? Is that a guy spewing out an upside-down table?

Leave a comment:

• LesserBlackDog
    replied

?_?

(?┬░?┬░??? ???

Leave a comment:

• mason
    replied

*****Note from nicholascrawford: This person registered to post this comment, so please take that into consideration and use your own judgement.*****

Hey,

I'm an Alton Lane customer. I started out a year ago upgrading my work wardrobe when they moved to DC. What I enjoy about shopping at Alton Lane is that I get exactly what I want, for a reasonable price. I'm 6'4" so most clothes don't fit me. They're almost always too short in the sleeves/torso, and waaay to spacious in the body. Alton Lane was 95% perfect on my first shirt (I had to extend the collar, apparently my neck got fat) Btw, if you get a $50 discount, try a blue label shirt. That's 50% off and you might like it.

Anyways, aside from getting the right fit you get to choose exactly what you want. Any store I'd ever been to, there might be 2 striped shirts, and if you don't like the pattern/color you're screwed. Alton Lane has books, start with micro-stripe of every color and then move up in stripe thickness for 4-5 pages of stripes, each in every color. Choose a pattern, and the same process applies. When I first started I had no idea what I wanted (military for 8 years warring camo every day) Now I get every detail exactly the way I want. It's the only place I shop now. Suits are the same. Alton Lane made me love suits.

Oh, and there's a free bar for when I take friends. They shop, I drink. win win.

Mason

Leave a comment:

• nicholascrawford
    replied

I missed this! Looks like nice work by BenR.

There was a $20-25 coupon in a previous Bespoke Post box where the cheapest item was almost $100 delivered, negating, in my mind, the value of the coupon altogether. If it were something I would shop at in the first place, that would be one thing, but I wasn't going to drop that kind of money on home delivery of beef.

Leave a comment:

• SDesai
    replied

Interesting turn of events from a simple question. Guess not a lot of experience with Alton Lane to make a fair assesment. Their stuff may be great, but a discount of only $25 on what I imagine will be a high cost makes me hesitant. The Ratio deal from a few weeks ago was good enough for me to try out their custom shirt (still eagerly awaiting it). If the $50 was toward any type of clothing it'd be more tempting. I can't imagine $50 making any real dent in a custom made suit price. Guess this will be an opt out. If I have time in the future, I'll venture into the city and check out their showroom.

Oh and thanks Ben for calling out that other poster. Honest and unbiased advice are what makes the dappered community great!

Leave a comment:

• lindseycbecker
    replied

Hi guys,

I am the Director of Business Development for Alton Lane and am happy to answer any questions you may have about our company. I wanted to clarify that any other posting on this thread has not come from Alton Lane. We've recently partnered with Bespoke Post for the first time and thought that the socks would be a good fit with one of our custom shirts or suits. Plus, our founder always sports the most stylish and fun socks! Please feel free to contact me any time at [email protected] with questions.

Leave a comment:

• jputman08
    replied

Aaaaaand they both bailed...nice!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X