New Bespoke Post box and Alton Lane

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Bespoke Post box and Alton Lane

Hi guys, anyone have experience with Alton Lane? The new Bespoke Post box has a gift card for them included and wondering if its even worth it. The main items are socks this time which are nice, but not $45 nice IMO. The $25 and $50 gift cards to Alton Lane could be good, but not familiar with them. Also since its all custom made clothes it might be very pricey, in which case 25 or 50 may not offer a good enough discount. Any thoughts? Is this month an opt out for the box?

http://bespokepost.com/box/swagger/

http://www.altonlane.com/

Don't know much about Alton Lane, but I laughed at "artisinal socks"

Also I think $45 for 7 pairs of socks is a pretty good deal.

Dress for style, live for results.

Comment

I only shop at Alton Lane now and have never received more compliments. They use a sweet 3D body scanner in addition to traditional measurements so the fit is awesome. The price is affordable and they have a great selection of fabrics from some of the worlds top mills. Their custom suits start around $500 and their custom shirts at $89.

Comment

^ First and only post on the forum is a plug declaring you "only" shop at a company that's never been discussed on Dappered or Threads, huh? Suspicious Ben is suspicious.

I opted out of this Bespoke box. $45 for some socks is expensive... plus there are no sizing options available, as far as I can tell. With my size 8 feet, one-size socks always end up with the heel patch somewhere on my ankle. Not really a good look.

Ben

Comment

Yeah, BenR - Google Alerts are neat.

Comment

I received a $50 gift card for Alton Lane at a event in NYC a couple months back and used you to purchase a suit. Yes it was custom and ended up costing a couple hundred dollars on top of the $50 discount, but I have no complaints. If fits great and is very nice quality.

Comment

Uh huh... another brand new member (all of 11 minutes on the forum!) plugging for this previously unheard-of company.

Honestly, I know nothing about Alton Lane, but my opinion of them is dropping by the minute if this is how they try to handle their online reputation.

Ben

Comment

Aaaaaand they both bailed...nice!

Comment

Hi guys,

I am the Director of Business Development for Alton Lane and am happy to answer any questions you may have about our company. I wanted to clarify that any other posting on this thread has not come from Alton Lane. We've recently partnered with Bespoke Post for the first time and thought that the socks would be a good fit with one of our custom shirts or suits. Plus, our founder always sports the most stylish and fun socks! Please feel free to contact me any time at [email protected] with questions.

Comment

Interesting turn of events from a simple question. Guess not a lot of experience with Alton Lane to make a fair assesment. Their stuff may be great, but a discount of only $25 on what I imagine will be a high cost makes me hesitant. The Ratio deal from a few weeks ago was good enough for me to try out their custom shirt (still eagerly awaiting it). If the $50 was toward any type of clothing it'd be more tempting. I can't imagine $50 making any real dent in a custom made suit price. Guess this will be an opt out. If I have time in the future, I'll venture into the city and check out their showroom.

Oh and thanks Ben for calling out that other poster. Honest and unbiased advice are what makes the dappered community great!

Comment

I missed this! Looks like nice work by BenR.

There was a $20-25 coupon in a previous Bespoke Post box where the cheapest item was almost $100 delivered, negating, in my mind, the value of the coupon altogether. If it were something I would shop at in the first place, that would be one thing, but I wasn't going to drop that kind of money on home delivery of beef.

Comment

*****Note from nicholascrawford: This person registered to post this comment, so please take that into consideration and use your own judgement.*****

Hey,

I'm an Alton Lane customer. I started out a year ago upgrading my work wardrobe when they moved to DC. What I enjoy about shopping at Alton Lane is that I get exactly what I want, for a reasonable price. I'm 6'4" so most clothes don't fit me. They're almost always too short in the sleeves/torso, and waaay to spacious in the body. Alton Lane was 95% perfect on my first shirt (I had to extend the collar, apparently my neck got fat) Btw, if you get a $50 discount, try a blue label shirt. That's 50% off and you might like it.

Anyways, aside from getting the right fit you get to choose exactly what you want. Any store I'd ever been to, there might be 2 striped shirts, and if you don't like the pattern/color you're screwed. Alton Lane has books, start with micro-stripe of every color and then move up in stripe thickness for 4-5 pages of stripes, each in every color. Choose a pattern, and the same process applies. When I first started I had no idea what I wanted (military for 8 years warring camo every day) Now I get every detail exactly the way I want. It's the only place I shop now. Suits are the same. Alton Lane made me love suits.

Oh, and there's a free bar for when I take friends. They shop, I drink. win win.

Mason

Comment

?_?

(?┬░?┬░??? ???

Ben

Comment

What is that second thingie there BenR? Is that a guy spewing out an upside-down table?

Comment

Flippin' tables.

Ben

Comment

Working...
                              X