Upper closet organization

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upper closet organization

As you can see, the upper portion of my closet is currently a disheveled mess, no matter how organized I try to keep it. Content aside (yes, I have too many t-shirts and need a gray sweater), does anyone have any suggestions for how I could make more efficient use of all that available space? Having a bunch of stacks of shirts and sweaters in constant danger of toppling over just looks disheveled and sloppy. I know there are shelves and organizers for this kind of situation, but was wondering if anyone has any specific brands or stores they could recommend.

Target, Walmart

Comment

I don't know, I kind of like the look of a pile of clothes like that, as long as they are all folded and not just wadded into balls. I can see how it would get annoying though whenever you need to get something in the middle of the stack.

I'd have to agree about target or walmart.

Comment

Ikea.

"We had a sick night b*tches!"

Comment

I have the same problem.. If you live near a university you may check and see if they have a salvage or surplus store. I've seen all types of shelving, crates, and smaller furniture that may help you out. My solution is going to be adding another hanger rod above the existing one. Hopefully this will allow for everything to be on a hanger.

Comment

I really like this setup

My cocktail videos >

Comment

@tdig, a man can't dream. that's a money set up, and probably a second mortgage.

Do you own or rent? My wife and I are short so when we redid our closets with Ikea and Home Depot stuff, we raised that shelf several inches and use it just for storage, like carry ons, and stuff we don't normally use. It freed up enough room to add a hanging half shelf and clothes bar. It also freed up space below for us to wheel in a bin organizer where I store t-shirts, jeans, etc. It's worked out pretty well. I can snap a photo later to show you.

Comment

At Target, Home Depot, and Lowes, you can buy collapsible storage cubes in a variety of colors:

http://www.homedepot.com/Storage-Organization-Closet-Storage-Cube-Storage-Storage-Bins/Martha-Stewart-Living/h_d1/N-5yc1vZ4tgZc1ww/h_d2/Navigation?catalogId=10053&Nu=P_PARENT_ID&langId=-1&storeId=10051&currentPLP=true&omni=c_Storage%20B ins&searchNav=true#/?c=1&4tg=4tg

They're cheap and the keep piles from falling into each other. The downside is that you can't see what's in them so you have to remember what's what. They do have a label on the front if your memory sucks, though. And they look good.

Comment

Working...
                X