X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What do you drive/ride?

2004 bmz z4 3.0i and 2003 suzuki sv650n

Just curious

2005 Ford Focus sedan and 2011 Novara Bonanza mountain bike. Yeah... YOLO.

Actually, my car has just gotten to the life stage where there are different bits of it that rattle at the various speeds I drive, and it's breaking my heart a little. Still no mechanical problems and lots of life left, though. My plan is to drive this thing until it dies, and then get something inexpensive with 4WD and decent mileage. My only real complaint about the Focus is it doesn't do the best on snow and ice - which is a problem when you spend as much time on the roads of Colorado, Wyoming, and Montana as I do in winter months.

My dream car, sadly, does not exist. A car-sized pickup - the sort that lots of companies used to make, but haven't been made in years. My dad had a tiny Nissan King Cab from the early '80s. He drove it for over 20 years and got better mileage than most full-sized cars. Sold it to someone in town and my parents swear they still see it on the road occasionally. I'd love to drive something like that. A 4WD pickup with 30+ mpg that's barely bigger than my Focus.

Ben

Comment

My daily ride is a 1978 GL1000 Cafe Racer style and my moving stuff around/picking up some new garb is a 2002 GMC Envoy.

Comment

I drive a 2004 silver/grey two-tone Ford F-150. It's got 150k miles on it and it keeps on kicking. I don't mean it lumbers along, either. It's like it doesn't realize it's getting old! I used to say, "I want it to reach 200k," but now I'm wondering if I can't get to 250k or beyond!

We just switched out my wife's 1996 red Jeep Cherokee for a decked-out 2011 pewter Kia Sorento. She loves it.

Comment

2003 Acura TL-S. I'm going to keep it until it dies on me before buying a new car.

Comment

@ Alan and Ben, I feel ya' with the maximizing the car's life... I have 160k on the Envoy and last time a took it for routine maintenance the guys were shocked it had survived that long. They said I should expect to start seeing stuff breakdown. It felt like they were talking about an elderly family member or something. Still, my goal is 200k. Since it isnt my daily driver anymore, that might take some time. But it beats a new car payment! Like you, the new car is for the wife.

Comment

They were surprised at 160K? My Acura is around 145K right now and it's running strong. I kept my 92 Lexus until it had over 220K miles on it. At that point, repair costs were starting to be more than what the car itself was worth. I ended up selling to some guy who wanted the engine for rally racing or something.

Comment

2000 Honda S2000 with some modifications. And the daily is a 2002 Honda CRV

Comment

86 BMW 325es (engine swapped) and a 79 Suzuki GS425

Comment

I drive a 1996 Nissan Maxima with 215k on it that I bought in college and it runs decent so I haven't bought anything since. I don't have much longer with it, but I have really enjoyed it. I will most likely be buying a newer Maxima once this one is dead.

Comment

http://threads.dappered.com/topic/what-do-you-drive

We've done this be before. Can the moderators merge threads?

Comment

I switch cars every 3-4 months... right now I drive a 2006 Honda Insight... it's by far the most boring car I've ever owned but gets 65+ mpg, so I can't complain. Others I've owned this year include an is300, miata, and civic hatchback.

I love to ride motorcycles and scooters but don't have one right now. I sold mine midseason and plan know getting another one this winter. My bicycle is a schwinn beachcomber... hah

Comment

@brenersm - That would be a good idea.

Comment

2008 Ford Fusion. Almost done the car payment, and will never buy a new car again.. too expensive.

Comment

2009 Altima 2.5 SL

We got an awesome deal on this thing, so It's by far the best care either my wife or I have ever owned.

We got it for under $15,00, with 16,000 miles on it. Either way, we've had it for about 3 months now and we anticipate driving it until its done.

Comment

Working...
                              X