Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Docker's Alpha Khakis compared to Signature Khakis? Are Alphas worth the extra $

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Docker's Alpha Khakis compared to Signature Khakis? Are Alphas worth the extra $

Does anyone have any experience with these two pants? The Signature is $20 cheaper on the Dockers website. How is the fit and feel of each pant? Any insight would be appreciated.

I can only speak to the Alphas: I love them.

Comment

The Alpha Khakis are way better. The signatures are all baggier, even the "slim straight" D1. The Alpha Khakis are slimmer (I think they have a 15.5 inch leg opening), and the material is much sturdier, as the Alphas are intended to be a jeans alternative. You should check amazon's prices for the Alphas because it seems to be generally cheaper there than on the Dockers website.

Comment

I can only speak to the Signatures. Considering what Ravi said, Signatures are a bit different. Rather than being a jeans substitute, Signatures are intended to be a bit dressier. They have a permanent crease and the fabric feels a little lighter and more slick.

Comment

I was surprised at how much I liked the alphas after some folks here said how skinny they are. I don't have to world's beefiest legs, but years of cycling and lifting have had an effect. That being said, the alphas fit great. I have had 0 luck with any of the D1 or signature fits.

"You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Comment

@greg_s - Really? I've got (what I believe to be) average legs and the Signature D1s fit me pretty well. The thighs are really slim, but they could use a bit of tapering below the knee.

Comment

BJ,

That's the big difference to me (own both). The Alphas offer a tapered leg, while the D1 (or whatever they call the slims) provide more of a straight-leg or boot-cut fit.

Comment

Two completely different pants. I own both, and wear the Signature D1 khakis on dressier days, as the permanent crease, and the bit of shine that they have, don't work for more casual wear. They are slim enough that they don't both me, but they are the loosest pair of pants that I own.

On the other hand, my Alpha khakis get worn all the time, at work, weekends, etc. The fit great on me, have the perfect amount of taper, and cost about the same online.

I would get only Alphas if it were up to me.

Comment

Yes, my Alphas are infinitely better.

Comment

I find the D1's fit me pretty well OTR, though honestly I haven't tried on the alpha's but in store the fabric seems the most substantial of Docker's offerings. The Signature khakis are dressier with a permanent crease, thinner material, and have a slight sheen. I consider myself to have an average build, and when I sit down wearing my D1's they are tight enough that I could see the outline of my (wait for it)...... pockets. The cheapest place I've found Alphas, D1's, or Signature Slim Fits are at Sears.

Comment

Working...
                    X