Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone who just bought the new Banana Republic houndstooth topcoat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone who just bought the new Banana Republic houndstooth topcoat?

I'm ready to buy one myself. It seems it's not very warm, but just how thin is it? I'm too lazy/busy to get to the store myself. I'm buying one online with the 30% off

I bought one. Mixed feelings.

Things I like: Nice fabric, good color and pattern, sufficiently warm

The bad. Shoulders seem a little tight although I got the size I wear. The high armholes prohibit anything but a thin sweater. A suit will definitely not fit under this "topcoat"

It almost feels like a long slim blazer than a coat.

Still thinking if I should exchange for a size bigger but then I will have to alter the sleeves (they will be 2 inches too long probably) and the waist would probably need to be taken in... I may post photos for you to judge

What keeps me from returning it altogether is it's a pretty classic-looking piece

Comment

I bought the moleskin topcoat and agree that the armholes will prevent you from wearing anything thicker than a sweater. No way will a suit fit under there.

Comment

Sure - let's see it.

Comment

I also bought this topcoat... the fabric is beautiful but medium to heavy thickness, will test it out this coming winter. Love the working cuff buttons as well as the contrasting colors in the collar. I am a 40R this coat fits TOO well in the shoulders and chest. I tried this coat in the store and could not fit a blazer underneath it, even BR's tailored suit jackets. the waist part was surprisingly baggy and had to be tailored to give it some shape. I will have the coat back next week from the tailor.

Comment

I'm quite interested in both the moleskin and the houndstooth topcoats. How warm would you say the coats are? Do you think that the houndstooth could serve as a proper winter coat when paired with a suit/sport coat?

What is the colour of the moleskin coat in person?

Comment

@John: If you don't mind me asking, what are your measurements and what size did you go for? Medium or large?

Comment

Working...
              X