Khaki Suit to a movie premier

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Khaki Suit to a movie premier

Hey looking for some advice on what to wear to a local movie premier. It is taking place at a local theatre as a school fundraiser. My girlfriend is telling me to dress like I would for a wedding. The only full suit I have is the khaki suit shown here http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/65145...l-twill-blazer. Normally I wear this too summer weddings and am not sure if this is too casual. The only other option I really have would be my navy blazer with some wool trousers or khakis. Any advice would be appreciated.

I'm not sure it's the khaki that makes it casual so much as the fact that it's twill. What's she wearing?

Comment

Where are you from?

Comment

All I know is that she is wearing a dress. Dont know any other details. I am from Rhode Island.

Comment

Go navy blazer and grey wool trousers. One step below suit but far less casual than a twill suit.

Comment

I wouldn't over think it... It's a school fundraiser. The attendees are all busy parents. Unless you live in NYC or your kid goes to a really expensive private school, I would set the low bar at a baggy polo and khakis and anything better is gravy. I think you'll be right down the middle with either option.

Comment

The navy blazer gets a lot more dressy if you add a pocket square. I think that would definitely fly over here (I live near Hollywood, so movie premieres aren't an uncommon thing)

Comment

I really like the navy blazer and grey wool trouser combo. I've been wearing it a lot lately and I think it looks great, just a step under a suit.

Comment

A twill suit like that is great - very versatile. It's formal due to being a suit but informal due the color and cloth, so about the same as a navy blazer and gray slacks, but "different."

BUT I think it's more of a summer thing. Right now, in Rhode Island, it's borderline. If it's about 70 degrees as a daytime high, I say go for it. If it's cooler, maybe not.

Comment

I think the khaki suit would be fine but I would go with the blue blazer/ wool trouser combo.

Then I would start saving for a new suit.

Comment

Working...
                    X