Cost to shorten a button up shirt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cost to shorten a button up shirt

How much do you guys usually pay to get a dress shirt shortened? I'm in the 5 foot 7-8" range and every button up shirt I find goes down usually past my butt level.

How much do tailors/alterations people typically charge you guys to shorten shirts? I'm asking because I walked around to a few shops in near my workplace (Los Altos - rich ppl) and most places said 20-25 bucks, the cheapest quoted me $14. Seems quite pricey to me.

How about for shortening the sleeves of a dress shirt?

I pay $15 for to shorten casual shirts that I want to wear untucked.

I presume you tuck your dress shirts in, so why do you need them shortened?

Comment

I pay my tailor $10 to hem up a dress shirt.

Comment

I've heard/seen $10-15 depending on if you want a square hem for untucked wear or if you want to keep the shape to still allow tucked wear.

For sleeves I paid $18 at brooks brothers since it required moving the placket, $14 if shortening less than an inch.

Comment

sorry, yeah, i meant casual button up shirts. Although personally I think it would be great for all button-up shirts to be shorter in length so that you can wear them tucked or untucked. This is what I like about express shirts, even though they are crap quality.

I think an untucked dress shirt at the right length look better in environments like a dance club, for example.

Comment

Working...
          X