X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blue vs. black gingham

Which do you prefer?

What do you like to pair with each?

Personally: Blue on it's own, black with a jacket or tie.

Comment

With all things clothes, if you have a choice between blue (navy) or black, choose blue.

Comment

I have both, and like them both. Navy is more versatile. Black I wear with a grey suit and a purple, navy, deep red, grey or black knit tie. I also have worn it with a chino tan suit and red tie, and with dark jeans and a grey tweed jacket. I think it's sharp. The navy I wear with the chino tan suit, grey wool suit, charcoal suit, navy suit, cream linen suit, and casually with chinos, jeans, etc. That's everything I own, pretty much. Not with seersucker! Goes with a red, grey, blue, or pretty much any other color tie. Pick what would work better with your existing wardrobe.

Can you tell I'm watching football and responding during halftime and timeouts?

Comment

Blue goes better with the vast majority of colors that I actually wear. But then again, are we talking true blue or navy? I have both and use them for different things, but I also had a black gingham shirt that I realized I never wore. Colors I mix blue gingham with: yellow, burgundy, gray, earthier shades like clay, certain shades of green. I could use black with gray, of course, and depending on the outfit I could even do it with some of those other colors (yellow, burgundy), but I just feel like when I plan out an outfit, I always come out thinking the blue gingham works better.

I really like black gingham under black sweaters, though, and honestly, if I wore suits and sport coats more often, would probably get more use out of that type of shirt with gray/black suits.

Comment

imo, navy or blue gingham I think is better than black.

Comment

For my it's blue/navy, however I also feel that black doesn't look good on me so I avoid it to begin with. If black looks good on you it could definetely work, though generally blues will probably look better in general.

Comment

I like blue, and then black in a smaller gingham works well as a layer. Then you don't have to choose.

Comment

Should have specified the blue shade. I am thinking something along the lines of the Calibrate Slim Fit in Navy or Black.

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/calibrat...-shirt/3294379

Comment

What about black vs purple?

5'8" 155 lbs 39" chest 33" sleeves 33" waist

Comment

For me i'll list the gingham shirts i have in order of how often I wear them.

1-royal blue medium gingham (Tommy Hilfiger slim fit)

2-mustardy yellow medium gingham (BR Slim Fit)

3-green small gingham (Nicole Miller slim fit)

4-black small gingham (Nicole Miller slim fit)

also I have a black and purple gingham shirt (Calvin Klein slim) that would probably come in after my yellow shirt.

I find that with gingham I can't wear it as often as I'd like because it is so noticable with the bold colors on white.

twitter: @adg_ca
                      instagram: @adg_ca

Comment

Is it a bit off to wear a black gingham shirt with brown shoes?

I know the universe won't implode, but in keeping with general, safe style suggestions, is it an acceptable pairing?

Comment

Joe does it. See the third look here:

http://dappered.com/2012/09/how-to-w...k-dress-shirt/

Comment

I have a purple gingham that I wear all the time. I'm looking at getting a navy, royal blue, and ice blue in the future before looking for black and red.

Comment

My favorite gingham shirt is an LEC orange. Makes a nice autumn piece paired with a navy v-neck sweater.

Comment

Working...
                              X