Mystery Allen Edmonds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mystery Allen Edmonds

I bought a pair of AEs off ebay a while back, and can't figure out what model they are. They are captoes, but not like other's I've seen. They kind of look like Strands, but with plain toes. There are a bunch of numbers inside. Is there a way to translate these to a model, or at least figure out what last they were made on?

If you post a link to the eBay listing, I bet we could figure it out.

Comment

The listing appears to be long gone. I'll try to post a picture tomorrow

Comment

closed or open laces?

If open and has a captoe with some brogueing on the cap, its the Clifton model.

Comment

You mean they are just missing the medallion, but have the broguing stripe across them?

I'd guess: Fifth Avenue, Clifton, or Hale.

Comment

Townley?

http://www.allenedmonds.com/aeonline...40000000001_-1

Comment

Zero- Right, they are just missing the medallion on the toe. Otherwise look just like the Strand. Also, they have 6 lace eylets. They have more broguing/detail than the fifth ave, clifton, or hale.

Comment

After looking at literally dozen's of models, I think I'm going to have to cry uncle and just contact AE directly. I realized I had never bothered to look for a model number. Based on what I can tell from their system, they are model 0317, which is not anything in current production, but importantly does indicate they are on a 7 last, which will at least help me figure out how other pairs would fit. I also found a thread on styleforum that listed the lasts for a bunch of current and discontinued models, and mine aren't any of them. Very weird.

Comment

Post a picture man! Don't steal this forum's chance at some shoe sleuthing

Comment

Working...
                  X