A few questions about Indochino

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A few questions about Indochino

First off, I know Indochino is a divisive topic, but they've got my measurements dialed right in and my Indochino suits always get me a lot of compliments. That being established, has anyone tried their side tabs or to re-press one of their 3-button jackets into a 3-roll-2? The picture on the website for their side tabs looked weird, but the ones Joe has look really traditional and normal.

Their service hasn't gotten back to me about the tabs and said a dry cleaner could re-press the regular 3 button jacket into a 3-roll-2 (my dry cleaner agreed), but I'm worried the canvassing might be problematic with that? Or is that just crazy paranoid thinking on my part?

Thanks!!

You should be fine with the side tabs. Just don't get belt loops if you opt for them.

Indochino suits are fused, not canvassed. There's a chance it won't turn out right with the pressing, so you can always try again or go back to what it was like originally.

Comment

<blockquote>

Indochino suits are fused, not canvassed.
      </blockquote>

Got a source for that? Bespoke tailor on... another forum... says:
      <blockquote>

It is a proper half-canvas construction
      </blockquote>

at least in reference to his DB suit. If it is half-canvassed then it should be fine.

If it's half-canvassed then it's a hell of a steal now that I think about it.

Comment

Canvassed construction would be a selling point, but they don't claim it. I've felt around and have never found a sign of a floating horsehair piece. Plus, for something that sells as low as $279 shipped with a $75 alteration credit, it would be impossible. I believe fused construction is at the point where it's a quality method and serves the value market well.

Comment

Indochino's website says "Every Indochino suit is made with a half canvas horse hair interlining for a beautiful drape," so I'd believe that. Anyways, thanks for the input, just got back from the WVU-Baylor game to find some great input on my first ever post, thanks again!!

Comment

Working...
          X