OTR or MTM sport coat in Bay Area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OTR or MTM sport coat in Bay Area

I'm looking for a sport coat to allow me to upgrade my wardrobe at a law firm. Dress is casual here but I want a great looking sport coat I can wear with business casual or jeans. I'm willing to spend some real money on it (new prices from J.Crew to Theory) if I'm going to be happy with it and I feel like its going to last. I expect this to be my go to jacket.

However, my current jackets range from a 36 to a 40 with good fits after some tailoring so I'm wary of buying online unless I'm sure of the brand and fit.

I'm also interested in MTM in the area.

So what does the collective Dappered wisdom suggest?

Indochino when there is a sale

Suit Supply(not MTM but half canvased with many size variations) and Black Lapel have good reputations as well, I have a BL suit on the way myself but that is weeks away.

Comment

www.propersuit.com

Comment

I would hesitate to put too much stock in "the one" jacket. Those tend to happen by accident or happen stance. You can't go wrong selecting a staple color like navy, grey in a subtle pattern, brown tweed, etc. with the hope that it will evolve into a favorite. Regardless of the route you choose, the fit has to be perfect. From what you're describing, it sounds like Brooks Brothers would be in your price range. An attractive aspect about their lineup is the range of styles and fits from boxy to slim, stylishly modern to classicly traditional. And all in an even wider array of colors.

Comment

Working...
        X