Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• doomx
    replied
    In a few weeks, it may still be too early for tweed, but if it isn't for your location, a gray jacket with texture (tweed) would work well. Additionally, I personally prefer brown Sc with navy pants. Another option is windowpane blue jacket but it needs to be a different shade of blue than the pants, which can be tricky.

Leave a comment:

• StephenCox
    replied

I really like the tweed sportcoat from this article that Joe did.

http://dappered.com/2012/09/j-crew-factory-extra-30-off-sale/

The one I wore was worsted wool that I thrifted and is part of a suit, but if you can afford to buy a new one I think the J.Crew tweed is really nice and will be great for the fall/winter.

As far as shirt, since I'm on a tight budget, I go with the Merona Ultimate Dress Shirts at Target and just size down.

Leave a comment:

• jordan
    replied

navy slacks / gray blazer

grey slacks / navy blazer

Leave a comment:

• mike4
    replied

Thanks Stephen. I was thinking about going the grey blazer route. I'd love some specific recommendations on shirts/blazers.

Leave a comment:

• StephenCox
    replied

@Mike-I just got married a month ago and for the rehearsal I wore dark straight leg jeans with a purple gingham button down and a grey blazer and no tie, but it was very casual dress code. I like the idea of the blue slacks with a grey blazer and just about any shirt and tie will pair well with that combo. Does that help or were you looking for specific items like you did with the shoes? Nice shoes btw.

Leave a comment:

• mike4
    started a topic Rehearsal Dinner Attire Ideas

Rehearsal Dinner Attire Ideas

I'm getting married in a few weeks and am looking for some advice on what to wear to the rehearsal dinner. The attire for the event is fairly casual with most guys wearing slacks and a button down shirt. As the groom I'd like to wear some nice slacks and a blazer - perhaps a tie. Rather than go the traditional khaki pants and blue blazer route I was hoping you guys might have some good ideas. I own a nice pair of dark blue Zara slacks that could go well with a nice shirt and blazer. Also open to other ideas.

I'll be wearing these shoes - http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/to-boot-new-york-senato-penny-loafer/3224372?cm_cat=datafeed&cm_ite=to_boot_new_york_'s enato'_penny_loafer:394055&cm_pla=shoes:men:loafer s&cm_ven=Google_Product_Ads&mr:ad=12528040913&mr:a dType=pla&mr:filter=41084237033&mr:keyword=%7Bkeyw ord%7D&mr:match=%7Bmatchtype%7D&mr:referralID=NA&m r:trackingCode=D820D201-5641-E111-9E12-001517B1882A&origin=pla

Working...
X