Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for a great year-round brown casual shoe: Allen Edmonds McTavish?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for a great year-round brown casual shoe: Allen Edmonds McTavish?

I need a go-to pair of brown casual shoes that I can wear as frequently as I want without worrying that they will fall apart like my Aldo or Banana Republic shoes. I'm considering the McTavish in the dark brown cognac color, and my only reservation is that the wingtip is too busy to wear frequently. Any thoughts or other suggestions would be appreciated.

I think that you are correct in saying it would be too busy for every situation (this coming from the man that wears the Chesters with a suit) I really like these posted by Joe a few weeks ago. I think they could be worn anywhere with anything.

http://dappered.com/2012/08/the-sugg...brown-lace-up/

Comment

I have AE Elgins, and wear them a lot. Some people notice, but nobody has laughed at them yet. If you're primarily going very casual, then maybe it's better to go with less fuss -- bremersm's idea is a good one.

Comment

I like the Elgins a lot. My take on the Elgins in the tan sadle waxy color, compared to the dark brown cognac McTavish, was that the Elgins might be too light in color for year round wear. And my concern about the Kenilworth is that the soles are thinner than the Elgin/McTavish and would not look as good with jeans.

Comment

Working...
        X