I did a bad thing...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I did a bad thing...

I ordered a navy jacket from itailor for $150, $300+ for the indochino..I wasn't able to stomach that knowing the cyber monday sale last year.

and then I decided I'd go with a 3 piece navy suit from black lapel....(Peak lapel, gunmetal lining) I was going to go suit supply as they are cheaper and I could have grabbed a grey suit but I think I want to know my true proper fit size before guessing if a 38L or 40R is better

So my bad thing is..on the just lone jacket I had a ticket pocket added, is that a sign of a suit jacket? I almost emailed them right away saying please remove it but figured I'd ask

shad0w4life, the ticket pocket is weird, but you can probably pull it off. For future reference, SuitSupply has an excellent no-risk return policy. You can order both suits and return the size that doesn't fit.

Comment

I'm in Canada, and they didn't get back to me about where the suit was made, customs/ duties along with return shipping, that could easily add $200 to the price...stupid UPS.

Which is really unfortunate I was leaning towards using them as the suits were ready made, I wanted to have a suit for Vegas, and the BL timeframe was right on the edge of me not getting it in time for the trip so I had to pull the trigger, plus they each all customs and duties charges.

However I will most likely order from them in the near future. When I'm not trying to be debt free.

Comment

AFAIK ticket pockets were originally from riding clothes and then for train tickets. There is absolutely no reason to not have one on a blazer, in fact I think it would be more fitting there. I would be more likely to be riding or taking a train journey in a blazer than a suit.

Good luck with iTailor, I will be interested to hear your experience with them.

Comment

I'd prefer no ticket pocket because I think it's an unnecessary detail, but most people won't notice or care. I think it looks fine and is more or less subjective. Given the riding jacket history I think they'd look better on rougher fabrics like tweed, but I've seen a lot of casual blazers with ticket pockets recently so I wouldn't sweat it.

Comment

A ticket pocket is kind of like roped shoulders or pinstripes in that it is generally a characteristic of a suit jacket, not a sportcoat. That being said, as long as it doesn't bug you then who cares? My favorite sportcoat has roped shoulders. I think the fabric (pattern) is more important in avoiding the orphaned suit jacket look...but even then who cares?

Comment

Working...
            X