Cotton Navy Blazers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cotton Navy Blazers

I am looking for a 100% cotton navy blazer, slim cut with relatively modem narrow lapels, button stance, etc., as well as black or dark grey/brown buttons (not gold or silver). I would like to wear this piece often with jeans or chinos so decent quality is important to me. At the mall today, I found a decent one from H&M, but it lacked functioning pockets and a breast pocket. Wtf! Macy's had nothing either. I live near JCrew, Banana, as well as a JCrew Outlet, Gap and Outlet, and most other similar stores. Does anyone have any links or suggestions? I am finding it quite difficult to find this relatively simple staple. Thanks!

I'm looking for the same except for normal lapels. Everyone on SF is always recommending Boglioli, but those are something like $350+ !!!

I also need to avoid functional button cuffs because tailoring costs get too damn expensive.

Comment

Me three. I usually wear the same types of pants (versus wool slacks) so a casual cotton blazer would be more congruous than a wool one.

I need one in 34S though. I've tried H&M's but the center vent gapes open badly on my backside.

Comment

Same thing here. @runners n jeans, if you find something in your size, let me know.

Comment

Try the "Kensington" from Target. Very slim cut, cheap, though you may need to shorten the sleeves for a "short."

Comment

I grabbed the bedford cord suit a couple days ago when it was an additional 25% off:

http://dappered.com/2012/09/brooks-brothers-ff-25-off-the-clearance-section/

It showed up today, so my impressions are very initial, but it seems like a great value. The material seems to have a great feel, the fit is good, minimal adjustments needed to the jacket. I plan to wear the jacket as a blazer, and the addition of matching pants is just a nice perk. It looks like you can still get it for $299, although it was a much better deal at $224...

Comment

Thanks for the posts so far. I checked out the Kensington, I'd prefer more classic pockets and something that looks a little more dressy. The Bedford could be an option but I'm not in love with it. I'll keep looking both online and in brick and mortars. Thanks again guys!

Comment

J Crew Ludlow chino suit jacket in navy, I think, would work. I got the "wheat" version on clearance, and it's on point.

Comment

I've seen the kensingtons in person, and they just looked & felt cheap.

I have a Ludlow herringbone jacket that I like (bought last year for $200 on sale instead of $300), but my major gripe is that the lapels are so skinny. Other than that it's a nice fit.

So in short, I'm still on the hunt. I think Banana Republic had some decent ones a while back, but they were a little too pricey for me to justify with BR quality levels.

Comment

Aldridge cut has wider lapels than the Ludlow. You might even be able to eBay a navy chino one.

Comment

But the aldridge isn't as slim as the ludlow in the shoulders/chest/arms right?

Comment

I tried a chino Aldridge on when I got the Ludlow one, and the difference wasn't very noticeable to me. A slightly fuller cut. Not anything like JAB. It's cut noticeably longer and with wider lapels, though.

Comment

You are supposed to cut the thread off the pockets. They are sewn shut to prevent guys from putting their hands in the pockets and damaging the jacket when trying it on.

I would love a Ludlow if a 40% off coupon pops up. I don't think Gap, BR, etc will have any cotton blazers until the spring 2013 collections come out.

Comment

You should check out this one from Apolis. I don't own one myself, but it looks like it might fit your needs. Its available in navy as well as a few other colors, but the buttonholes on cuffs are functional. Still a nice piece though.

http://store.apolisglobal.com/jacket...ilian-blazer/#

Comment

Working...
                            X