Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone tried the new "JCP" line at Jacque Pennay?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Has anyone tried the new "JCP" line at Jacque Pennay?



    I'm sure the quality is not top of the line, but based on the pricing, and with all the run the Stafford shoes got here recently, it looks worth exploring:


    http://www.jcpenney.com/dotcom/men/b...=G1&cmJCP_C=D4


    #2


    http://threads.dappered.com/topic/jc-penny

    Comment


      #3


      Thanks Juan. Guess I should've explored the board a little more!

      Comment


        #4


        This doesn't bode well for the new look we all seem to enjoy;

        http://finance.yahoo.com/news/j-c-pe...3Rpb25z;_ylv=3

        Comment


          #5
          This is armchair quarterbacking but I'm not surprised. I don't know if there is a way to resuscitate the brand as something cool. While I'm mildly impressed with their changes, its not a total enough of a makeover. Signage on all the stores by me are still ancient and the interiors of the stores are mostly old hat with the only noticeable difference unattended. Staff is just as ignorant as before and sizing is still uber-'american': No size 36 sport coats from Stafford or Izod, even though I was in love with all the wool plaids they had, and a sales lady who tried to convince me the 38 fit me 'great' if I just didn't move my arms at all and kept them straight down by my side.

          I think they've made it clear that they've done away with their old model of pricing but I'm not really sure how they've advertised their hipper wares in any way either. Whenever I tell anyone that I'm going to JC Pennies they can't fathom why I'd be stopping in there. They should really take note of how Target tiers its brands and promotes designers. They need to push Wooster more and really act on the concept of 'stores within a store'.

          Comment


            #6
            It's only been 2 months since they started the transformation. It's going to take more time. I'm glad they're staying course, and I hope things pan out better financially. If it wasn't for my interest in Nick Wooster, I wouldn't have been aware of any changes being made at all. I'm sure their employees also need to be informed on more modern fittings. It's a pretty big change, overall. It won't happen quickly. Stock/availability varies from store to store for now. I've seen a ton of smaller size options at my local store. Once they finishing getting rid of their old stock (clearance merchandise) the stores will be a lot better off in my opinion. They do need better marketing as well. Most people are still stuck thinking JCP is just another store for middle aged overweight customers, like Kohls.

            Comment


              #7
              I'm rocking their chinos right now. Love the fit. bought the jacket as well, fits superwell. ok so their marketing stinks and the sales people are uninformed. but who cares, in my arrogance and reading of dappered i know more about how i want my clothes to fit then the sales people at the so called experts of Jcrew Macys Banana Republic etc etc. I don't ask for their opinion in fit because oftentimes i find them to be incorrect. I ask myself, and if im really not sure, i post to the "does it fit" thread.

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by Jake101 View Post
                I'm rocking their chinos right now. Love the fit. bought the jacket as well, fits superwell. ok so their marketing stinks and the sales people are uninformed. but who cares, in my arrogance and reading of dappered i know more about how i want my clothes to fit then the sales people at the so called experts of Jcrew Macys Banana Republic etc etc. I don't ask for their opinion in fit because oftentimes i find them to be incorrect. I ask myself, and if im really not sure, i post to the "does it fit" thread.
                Not all the sales people at JCP are uninformed. I should know because I am one and I am an avid Dappered reader.

                Comment


                  #9
                  I apologize if i offended you. I was merely responding to the comment made about "Staff is just as ignorant as before " Of course I realize that there will be exceptions to every rule, and it certainly is a pleasant surprise to have a nice chat about different fits etc. with someone besides for my significant other

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by Jake101 View Post
                    I apologize if i offended you. I was merely responding to the comment made about "Staff is just as ignorant as before " Of course I realize that there will be exceptions to every rule, and it certainly is a pleasant surprise to have a nice chat about different fits etc. with someone besides for my significant other
                    It's ok, I wasn't offended. I see your point though. With a lot of large department stores, you can get ignorant sales people. I make it a point to share my knowledge with every customer that comes in who might not be as into men's style as those of us here so they are better informed for next time.

                    To the comments made above, it will take a while before everything is changed over. We have done some renovations and will be doing more, but it is my understanding that we have stopped for the holiday season. They are getting in better merchandise and it will continue to evolve as the company gets better acquainted with better fashion. The commercials have gotten better too. I've seen some for the jcp line and they are much better than what came before.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by Teej View Post
                      It's ok, I wasn't offended. I see your point though. With a lot of large department stores, you can get ignorant sales people. I make it a point to share my knowledge with every customer that comes in who might not be as into men's style as those of us here so they are better informed for next time.

                      To the comments made above, it will take a while before everything is changed over. We have done some renovations and will be doing more, but it is my understanding that we have stopped for the holiday season. They are getting in better merchandise and it will continue to evolve as the company gets better acquainted with better fashion. The commercials have gotten better too. I've seen some for the jcp line and they are much better than what came before.
                      Teej, do you know when the next set of new arrivals (for winter I suppose) for the JCP brand is coming out?

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by TheTito View Post
                        Teej, do you know when the next set of new arrivals (for winter I suppose) for the JCP brand is coming out?
                        There are some new colors of chinos and "100% cashmere" v-neck sweaters in stores now. Also puffer vests in a few different colors and dark-colored corduroy shirts.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          The new oxfords really are great. And I've been eyeballing the Stafford brown windowpane suit since they brought it out. Seems to be decent quality, fits pretty well. Any input?

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by nathos View Post
                            There are some new colors of chinos ... and dark-colored corduroy shirts.
                            Awesome - loving the chinos I picked up. Cord shirts I'm a little dubious on, since you'd have to get it down to a price, and those tend to be pricier than regular blends.

                            Comment


                              #15
                              From the Yahoo Finance article, it actually sounds like their JCP line is doing well. That could be puffery, but who knows. I think the main issue is trying to go in a new direction to hopefully win new customers without alienating their existing (albeit small and dying-off) customer base. I'm not sure how one does that under the best of circumstances, but with a store as old and cemented in the public mind as JC Penney, it's got to be extra tricky.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X