X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lands' End sweater fit?

About to pull the trigger on this

http://www.landsend.com/pp/StylePage-391423_WR.html

Anyone have experience with their sweaters? Interested about the fit. It's marked "regular"...but i don't want a baggy old man sweater.

"One man's style must not be the rule of another's." - Jane Austen
    #StayDapper

My experience with Lands End and LEC is to size down.

Dress for style, live for results.

Comment

Tomservo - After reading some reviews, I'm kinda hesitant now. Aside from saying size down, a lot of people are saying it peels and loses construction after a couple wears.

Wanted to take advantage of the %30 off w. free shipping, but not willing to spend money on a subpar fit/quality.

#StayDapper

Comment

I don't have a lot of experience with their sweaters, but the fit isn't bad once you size down. Plus Lands End has a very generous return policy if you don't like it or it falls apart.

Dress for style, live for results.

Comment

Erghhh...can't pass up this deal.

Went ahead and purchased the Dark Camel Heather & Dark Red Heather in a small. Total $37 w/free shipping. Will post pics of fit and quality once they arrive.

#StayDapper

Comment

So here's the deal:

Sweaters arrived today. Simply put, these are grandpa sweaters. I ordered a small (sizing down) and the fit was fairly decent, but the sweater just felt and looked too much like an old grandpa. They felt and looked cheaply made and almost as if they would give way after about 2-3 washes.

So I recommend you NOT buy these cable knit sweaters...that is unless u like looking like a grandpa...or you ARE a grandpa.

#StayDapper

Comment

Thanks for the review. I had 4 of them in my cart about to buy them tonight. Now lots of thinking to do.

Comment

From my experience, I would definitely NOT size down.

I'm normally somewhere in between a small and a medium. For the three sweaters I tried on:

Small: Chest fit pretty well. The problem was that it was insanely short in length.

Medium: Slightly baggy in the chest area, but the length fit me better. Even this sweater is on the short side to me.

So, for me at least, I had to err on the larger size. I would also agree that their sweaters aren't the nicest of quality - I probably won't be buying any more from them.

Comment

How does one "size down" for a sweater anyway? Wouldn't it be too short then? I'm only 5'10" and most medium sweaters are already borderline too short.

Comment

i picked up the purple cable knit recently during a sale and actually really like it. i typically wear smalls and its a touch bigger than id want but not too bad. i could probably shrink it a little bit if i hand wash it in hot water which i might try.

My cocktail videos >

Comment

@The Dork: The other PITA with sweaters is that you can't easily hem the sleeves. I'm often stuck buying mediums with sleeves that are WAY too long for me.

Comment

Working...
                      X