suggestions for a khaki suit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

suggestions for a khaki suit?

hey dappered community! just wondering if anyone could supply some recommendations for a cotton khaki suit besides the jcrew and banana republic offerings. i don't have anything against them - just curious to see if my options are broader than just those two. any help would be greatly appreciated!

L.L. Bean signature

http://www.llbean.com/llbeansignature/llb/shop/65146?subrnd=1&parentCategory=505931&feat=505931-sigtn&cat4=505930

I bought last year's version and love it. Full price only $220, and you can often get it on sale.

Comment

i'd forgotten about the llbean option! but do you think it would be formal enough for an indoor, afternoon wedding? where i would be the groom? haha just got engaged

Comment

http://www.bonobos.com/vineyard-suit-jacket-khaki.html

if you bought any of the groupon-type deals and use coupon code BANANAS for 20% off, pretty solid price. from the web site picture it looks a bit lighter in color than I would want in khaki though. I don't have one myself so I can't comment on fit or quality, but you can of course always return it.

Comment

I would suggest having the bride take a look at the suit on the website and letting her make the decision. I feel like the suit is made for summer weddings. I plan on buying the soapstone color when it goes on sell for a 2nd summer suit. If your bride is good for you wearing a khaki suit, then it should be fine to wear.

Comment

Well...I don't know why your fiancée would be a better judge of this than you would be. Looking at the reviews for the LL Bean suit posted above:

"This suit is a perfect option for "dressing down" on Fridays, while still wearing a suit. It would also make a great summer suit to wear to a wedding as a guest"

"I was not happy with the quality or styling of the blazer and returned it. It was more casual than I expected and detailing was also less refined than I anticipated based on the product description"

"...its a very practical solution for a casual look for spring and summer"

The reviews seem to suggest a relative lack of formality. I can't say whether that's a reflection of some detailing/aspect of the suit or just the colors. Considering the reviews cover the navy as well, I'd say it probably just doesn't get that 'dressed-up' feel to it. I don't know what you want for the wedding.

Comment

wedding in the summer? i actually am now the owner of a khaki suit after being a groomsman in a wedding this summer. would say as a relatively biased point of view- you are going to have to ask each groomsman to purchase a khaki suit (provided you all want to match). We all bough jos. a banks. not thrilled with the suit in general, pants bulge at the pockets, not great quality. I will probably not wear this suit very often b/c of this. if you're asking folks to buy one, at least make sure its a decent one

Comment

thanks for all the advice! i think we're going to go with a poplin one by tommy hilfiger that's on sale at macys.com. hopefully it'll do the trick for us!

Comment

I've had my eye on that one! Tell us what you think.

Comment

will do! fyi, coupon code VIP20 brought it down to just about $200. the code should be valid 9/14-18.

Comment

Working...
                    X