Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Remove shoulder pads from Alfani Red Suit Jacket?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remove shoulder pads from Alfani Red Suit Jacket?

I have naturally broad shoulders, a V shape, slim waist. The Alfani red suit I've had tailored fits amazingly well everywhere but I am not a fan of the shoulder pads. It just doesn't fit perfect in the shoulders and I was wondering if I could have a tailor remove them.

Does anyone have any experience with this procedure and is it even possible? Worth it? Thanks!

@Dave Porter This is a great question. I have a TommyHil suit that fits amazing...if only i could remove the slight padding.

Anyone?

"One man's style must not be the rule of another's." - Jane Austen
    #StayDapper

Comment

i am no expert, but i heard it's almost impossible to adjust the shoulder on a jacket. i asked my tailor about the pad problem (also on a alfani slim fit), he said it's too risky to do it, may get ruined.

btw i wore that alfani to a wedding this past weekend, got quite a few compliments on the fit. one guy called it "distinctively british cut", as he lived in england and observed most suits there have a longer v opening, narrow lapels and more tapering on the waist. very happy with it, especially for the price.

Comment

I also wore mine to a wedding and received compliments. Just wish I could solve the shoulder problem. Thanks for the input.

Comment

My head looks much smaller in the Alfani Red blazer. I'm going to see what my tailor could do about the shoulder pads. I'd prefer a more natural looking shoulder

Comment

Right, it's frankly inadvisable to do anything like removing shoulder padding. Aside: your picture would be greatly improved if the second jacket button was not buttoned. It damages your silhouette.

Comment

Working...
            X