Biggest fashion mistake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Biggest fashion mistake

What's the biggest fashion mistake you see on a daily basis?

Mine has to be Too Large in the Shoulders. I see sleeves creeping mid-tricep and it drives me mad! I didn't even know they still sold such baggy clothing anymore. Even Old Navy fits if you let it, right?

Also, muffin tops on guys. I live in SF, so guys still wear jeggings on the regular. Jeggings are fine (sort of) but the love handles gots to be contained, son!

Anything hipsters wear.

Comment

Wait, guys wear jeggings???

I guess to answer this we have to draw a line between fashion mistake and intentional fashion crime.

EX: Matching your shirt to your pocket square - mistake

wearing anything by affliciton - CRIME!

Comment

Graphic t-shirts. Big Pony or Rugby shirts from Ralph Lauren. Cargo shorts/pants. Stupid haircuts like fauxhawks, mohawks, greasy, or poofy styles, slipper type shoes in public, brightly colored polos in lime green or hot pink etc.

Comment

Heh @ stupid haircuts. I have been bald since college. One of the things I look forward to when I have a kid is cutting his/her hair into a mohawk until they're like 5.

I think the most common fashion mistake is wearing clothes to big for your size. The loudest fashion mistake to me is when someone wears all the trending fashions at once, or when every item is the "conversation" piece and nothing really ties it together.

My Measurements: 6' 1" height, 35" sleeves, 41-42" chest/jacket, 35" waist, 34" inseam, 11.5D/EEE shoes, 200 lbs

Comment

Too-big clothing kills me. Esp, as someone mentioned, when the shoulder seam hits halfway down the arm.

Also Ed Hardy, because come on.

Comment

Just yesterday, walking around campus, I see two guys at 11am, in 100+ degree Miami weather, wearing untailored black suits with the vents still sewed shut. I died a little inside.

Comment

WTF!!!! @ the still sewn shut vent. Atrocious!

Comment

Dusted off my first ever blazer for tailoring, center vent was still sewn shut. I'd worn it for YEARS that way. I never knew and no one ever told me. Live and learn.

Comment

I'm not saying anyone here is doing this, but a big fashion faux pas, to me, is a fashionable person openly looking down on another's style.

That being said, cargo pants....

"You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Comment

I'm going to add white socks at anything other than the gym. Even then...

Comment

Perfect storm of awful from the bottom up:

super embellished white Mark Nason loafers

light, bleach washed boot cut jeans with over embellished pockets

a white studded belt

white wallet to match the white watch band and white glasses

too tight affliction tee

spikey gelled hair with frosted tips

Also baggy old school style Jnco jeans (saw some yesterday *sigh*)

Comment

Skinny jeans on men: well fitting is great, but when I can see the denim following ever line of your body that's just way too much.

Super-thin, non-supportive shoes: it's not just a fashion mistake, it's also a crime against the health of your feet.

Undershirts worn with no other top: super thin, white fabric, that gets thinner and a little baggy with wear, should not be publicly seen.

All three of the above worn at the same time (I work with these people).

Comment

Working...
                          X