Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bachelor Party. 50 bucks. 2 Weeks. Let the games begin.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bachelor Party. 50 bucks. 2 Weeks. Let the games begin.

So this one could be a little fun. I'm dog-sitting for a friend, and he gave me a $50 visa gift card. But what to spend it on?

Here's the kicker, I got a bachelor party weekend coming up in 2 weeks in Toronto (not mine). These guys call a 'button down and khakis' 'church clothes' (I said 'chinos' in front of them one time, the looks on their faces was hilarious) so I'm mostly packing well-fitting but dressed up casual stuff. I have no problem being the best dressed in the room, but I'm not going to roll around in a tux (I usually wear a sportcoat when we go watch wrestling PPVs at BW3). I'm packing a navy blazer, dark jeans, patterned button-down, couple of solid v-necks and a henley. All of these fit pretty great.

So, $50, and I have 2 weeks. Not a fan of buying online for stuff that needs to fit well, since shipping both ways (if I need to order a different size) may not make it in time for the trip. Chinos? Maybe a pocket square?

If you've already got everything you need, why not save it for a time when you might actually "need" something for real? Just a thought.

Comment

A tie, a pocket square, and a belt. =)

Comment

Use it for the trip. You're going to spend money in Toronto so spend the gift card there instead.

Other practical suggestions:

Booze

neck pillow (thank me when you get off the plane/car)

gas / snacks for trip

sunglasses

condoms

lube

shampoo/hair gel/deodorant/soap/etc

shoe polish and a couple hand towels (or use the hotel's)

socks

underwear

a less expensive watch like the Timex weekender or easy reader

Comment

Cigars. They don't sound discriminating.

Comment

Sport coat for BWWW? That's a little much IMO!

Comment

Hey guys, I have a few hundred budgeted for the trip, and since it's a gift card, it seems odd to save it since I'd most likely forget I have it in the future. Besides, $50 isn't going to set my Roth IRA on fire.

A little unexpected money and a reason to spend it - why not see what you can get for $50? And I don't have everything; I'm lacking in the shoe department, but I'm not going to drop $50 on a pair of shoes, I'd rather spend more to get more.

I kinda like the idea of a new belt - anyone have any suggestions? Or maybe something else?

Comment

@Scramblepotato $50? grab a couple pocket squares for that navy blazer or rack up on some fresh happysocks

"One man's style must not be the rule of another's." - Jane Austen
                #StayDapper

Comment

Dude! Happy Socks! How could I forget them? They have those at JCPenny, right? I think I can hit up the store and maybe check out the belts, and those Stafford Wingtips all of you guys are going on about. Thanks, SDot!

Comment

If you have a Nordstrom Rack nearby, they might carry Happy Socks for $5.97 a pair.

Comment

No prob @scrabledpotato. Like @runnersnjeans said...they have them at Nordstrom Rack for like $5, not sure about JCP.

"One man's style must not be the rule of another's." - Jane Austen
                      #StayDapper

Comment

The nearest Nordstrom Rack is about an hour away. I'll hit up JCP first, if they don't have it, then I'll make the sojourn. At least I'll be able to listen to sports radio complain about the NFL referees for an hour if it comes to that .

Thanks guys.

Comment

I gotta agree with Sean. Use the cash for something more practical if you don't really need anything. Though if you blow through $50 worth of condoms in a weekend I'll buy you a few pairs of Happy Socks myself.

Dress for style, live for results.

Comment

Working...
                          X