Target cords = spandex?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Target cords = spandex?

So I ran into Target today because I had a few minutes to kill before picking up my kids. I tried on the new Mossimo dark grey cords and the burgundy (?) tailored fit Merona chinos. The chinos fit great and I actually really liked the color, despite my usually conservative choices for pants. However, the cords are another story. These things looked like leggings when I put them on. Are you guys sizing up? My quads are not would I would call huge by any means (~25"), but the waist wasn't overly tight (nothing that wouldn't stretch out the first time I wore them), so I'm not sure what the deal is with these things. I didn't really have a chance to try on the next size up, so I guess that'll have be next trip. How are these compared to the 5 pocket pants they have in store now?

Countryside Man of Letters

I have 25" thighs and have always considered them annoyingly huge...

Anyway, I thought the same thing. I tried on a pair of the 5 pocket twill pants and they fit very well. So, I just grabbed a pair of cords in the same size thinking they would fit the same as the twills...nooooo. Not even close. I think I'm better off anyway - every pair in the store seemed to have some weird stuff going on where the fly and pockets were wrinkled really bad. I thought it was just maybe that shipment that had the problem, but another store I went to had them as well.

Comment

double post all up in yo grill

Comment

The cords are tighter on the upper half of the legs than the 5-pocket twill pants.

For the cords, I sized up from a 32x32 to a 34x32 and they are still pretty tight.

Comment

I don't have large thighs by any means so for me, both the 5-pocket pants and the cords fit me in the same size.

Comment

So I went into a different Target today. I sized up in the cords and the legs/seat fit pretty slim, but definitely acceptable. The waist, however, was huge (as expected, I guess). Seems to me that something is off on these things. I also got to try on the 5 pocket pants. They were also very tight on my legs and tighter than the cords in the waist. I guess these two are no-go's for me unfortunately. I did pick up a pair of the chinos and the OCBD that is mentioned on the main site today, ironically.

Countryside Man of Letters

Comment

Working...
            X