Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jwest
    replied
    The Clarks would certainly be the way to go for more money. I have been thinking about getting the desert boots in the grey color. The Target option also comes in a grey thats very close to the desert boot but with a black rubber sole and they look nice. At the clearance price they are a little over $20. I haven't been able to find any of the Clarks in the 40-50 dollar range, in my area, as mentioned in other posts. The best i have seen is the 75-90 range online (amazon, zappos) and my size 12 is frequently out of stock. It sounds like no one has any really negative experiences with the Target brand shoes so i might give them a shot. For the price, and considering they won't get worn daily, it's probably worth a go.

Leave a comment:

• cubist_zirconia
    replied
    Originally posted by Acousticfoodie View Post
    How come people here don't like crepe soles?
    I don't know. I love crepe soles.

Leave a comment:

• Gump
    replied
    Leather on the Bushcare's isn't as nice. And the rubberized soles isn't much better when it's wet.

But I find crepe soles are great until they start to get worn. When the wrinkly texture gets worn down, they get really slippery when it's wet outside. Personally I like Dainite soles on my chukka's. Definitely looking for that on my next pair.

Leave a comment:

• nftmlk
    replied
    If you don't like the crepe soles on the desert boots you can get the bushacre 2 which is the same thing with a rubber sole. They are cheaper than the regular Clark desert boots too.

Leave a comment:

• Acousticfoodie
    replied
    How come people here don't like crepe soles?

Leave a comment:

• yoyorobbo
    replied
    Seems like it was LesserBlackDog who grabbed those desert boots a little while back. Might be wrong there. Dunno.

Regardless, I've checked them out in-store, and they seem pretty legit. I guess I'd just rather go with Clarks. If you look around you can get the beeswax (non-gummy sole) version for $40-50. I found mine in the clearance section at a DSW for $40-something. Simply my opinion.

The *pleather* longwings are a for sure pass in my book. In person they look and feel hideous. Again, IMO; but this time I'm right!

Leave a comment:

• Gump
    replied
    I have to say that I like how the soles aren't crepe on the chukka's

Leave a comment:

• RiveDroit
    replied
    Rather than those boots, for a little bit more, you can get some Clarks Desert Boots.

Leave a comment:

• BenC
    replied
    Without seeing the shoes in person, I can say my go to day to day black shoes are from Target. They have held up admirably. I replaced the laces but that is it. I have dressier options, but for office attire where well fitting chinos and a sweater make you the best dress person in the room, they are a good value. I keep hoping my black Merona shoes will wear out so I can justify an upgrade, but so far I can't. I wear mine about 3 times a month for the last 3 years.

Leave a comment:

• Redford
    replied
    Those long wings look terrible the "leather" is probably plastic. I wouldn't go any cheaper than the JCP Stafford Wingtips at just $20 more

Leave a comment:

• jwest
    replied
    Bringing this thread back from the dead...

I saw the Merona Chukkas are on clearance now and was wondering what the experience was of those who purchased them. Were they comfortable? How did they hold up? Thanks

Leave a comment:

• SDot
    replied

Personally I believe there are some things that you just can't go cheap on. Shoes are one of them. These may be good for a few days, but I'm certain that the wear & comfort will degrade in an instant.

Use that $40 to go towards a shoe that's guaranteed to last longer. Your feet deserve better.

Leave a comment:

• bj
    replied

That's what I was thinking Acousticfoodie. A good fall weekend shoe.

Leave a comment:

• Acousticfoodie
    replied

That Target Chukka is not too shabby. that sand color ran out early during the LEC sale...this one might be a good alternative.

Leave a comment:

• MarkB
    replied

I saw those chukkas in grey at the store near me. I was considering trying them out since I already have some Clark's in beeswax.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X