New (?) Target Merona shoes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New (?) Target Merona shoes

So I stopped by my local Target today and noticed some new (to me, at least) shoes. The two that caught my eye were some brown longwings (the Eddie) and some brown suede chukkas (the Eric. Both of them are more brown than the pictures on the website show (see below). The "leather" on the longwings definitely looks cheap. The suede looks pretty good. I'm likely to grab a pair of the chukkas.

Thoughts?

chukkas look decent.

I nabbed the LEC pair when they went on sale for $30 last time, they look a little nicer but not too bad for Target.

"Waste no time arguing what a good man should be. Be one." – Marcus Aurelius

Comment

interesting. Joe did a piece on low cost clothing from Target, and apparently some of the stuff is worth a look. Maybe do another piece on their shoes sometime?

Comment

Looks like they're online as well:

http://www.target.com/p/men-s-merona-eddie-oxford-brown/-/A-14120801

There's also a Dickie's work boot:

http://www.target.com/p/men-s-dickie...y/-/A-14117312

Target has stepped up its shoe game!

Comment

I saw those chukkas in grey at the store near me. I was considering trying them out since I already have some Clark's in beeswax.

Countryside Man of Letters

Comment

That Target Chukka is not too shabby. that sand color ran out early during the LEC sale...this one might be a good alternative.

Comment

That's what I was thinking Acousticfoodie. A good fall weekend shoe.

Comment

Personally I believe there are some things that you just can't go cheap on. Shoes are one of them. These may be good for a few days, but I'm certain that the wear & comfort will degrade in an instant.

Use that $40 to go towards a shoe that's guaranteed to last longer. Your feet deserve better.

"One man's style must not be the rule of another's." - Jane Austen
                #StayDapper

Comment

Bringing this thread back from the dead...

I saw the Merona Chukkas are on clearance now and was wondering what the experience was of those who purchased them. Were they comfortable? How did they hold up? Thanks

Comment

Those long wings look terrible the "leather" is probably plastic. I wouldn't go any cheaper than the JCP Stafford Wingtips at just $20 more
                    5'8" 155 lbs 39" chest 33" sleeves 33" waist

Comment

Without seeing the shoes in person, I can say my go to day to day black shoes are from Target. They have held up admirably. I replaced the laces but that is it. I have dressier options, but for office attire where well fitting chinos and a sweater make you the best dress person in the room, they are a good value. I keep hoping my black Merona shoes will wear out so I can justify an upgrade, but so far I can't. I wear mine about 3 times a month for the last 3 years.

Comment

Rather than those boots, for a little bit more, you can get some Clarks Desert Boots.

Comment

I have to say that I like how the soles aren't crepe on the chukka's

Comment

Seems like it was LesserBlackDog who grabbed those desert boots a little while back. Might be wrong there. Dunno.

Regardless, I've checked them out in-store, and they seem pretty legit. I guess I'd just rather go with Clarks. If you look around you can get the beeswax (non-gummy sole) version for $40-50. I found mine in the clearance section at a DSW for $40-something. Simply my opinion.

The *pleather* longwings are a for sure pass in my book. In person they look and feel hideous. Again, IMO; but this time I'm right!

Comment

How come people here don't like crepe soles?

Comment

Working...
                              X