Uniqlo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Uniqlo

Just wanting to get peoples opinions on Uniqlo...I see they are finally opening on online store. I live in SC so not one any where around. But if the clothes are decent, I probably will look at buying from the online store.

What we do in life echos throughout eternity.
    -Maximus

Eyerman, we have an online Uniqlo store here in the UK. The online store does not sell all of the items that are available in the retail store. The prices are also generally cheaper in store. Additionally, the online store keeps a limited supply of stock. Popular items sell out quickly and aren't restocked until the next season, as far as I've seen.

That being said, the basics are decent. Look for their "Premium", "Made in Japan", and +E lines. They tend to be pure cotton or wool. The quality varies dramatically in the regular line and some items contain a high polyester count.

Comment

I live next to NYC and have shopped at Uniqlo for years.

I think most folks make way too big a deal out of the store.

Uniqlo is the Japanese equivalent of The Gap.

The fits may be slightly better and the prices a bit lower. But the quality and lack of creativity is the same.

Comment

I love Uniqlo for basics. Like American Apparel, Uniqlo has myriad shades of every color in every style.

Comment

I have also heard good things about Topman? Again just going off what I see online.

What we do in life echos throughout eternity.
          -Maximus

Comment

Eyerman, Topman is where the hipsters here shop. It's expensive polyester hipster clothing. Not my thing, but it's very popular.

Comment

I love Uniqlo. One of my favorite store for basics. I'm 5'8 @ 155lbs (athletic build) and a size small fits me pretty good. I dont like Topman very much. Over priced poorly made clothing IMO. For cheap made stuff at lower prices I'd rather shop at ASOS.com

Comment

Hipsters, huh? Yeah, the model shots kind of strike me with that impression. Nordstrom carries Topman now too.

Comment

Johdus, you have hit upon the perfect description of Uniqlo: "Uniqlo is the Japanese equivalent of The Gap." Yes, I agree entirely.

I picked up a few sweaters (jumpers) today and thought of this thread. Here's what I chose:

Lambswool shawl collar sweater in navy. I think that this will be the biggest hit amongst the Dappered crowd. It also comes in a version <a href="http://shop.uniqlo.com/uk/goods/073368"> with a stripe across the chest. I wasn't sold on the stripe as it was too casual for my wardrobe.

</a>Here's the American store link.

I actually wish that I had purchased the sweater in black as it would have been a bit more in line with James Bond and less with Captain Haddock, but it's still a fun piece.

-----

Lambswool V Neck Sweater in dark navy. I love this sweater. The quality isn't excellent, but at £14 it's a wonder. There was a lighter "blogger blue" that might be popular with Threads members. The V neck doesn't dip too far. It's the perfect length.

-----

Lambswool Crew Neck Sweater in charcoal. The quality of this one is a bit better than the other two.

-----

If they hold up for a week or two then I'll go in and purchase a few more. The lambswool is of a decent thickness, but the merino sweaters look flimsy and thin. There were also lambswool cardigans for £20, but I'm too thin to pull off a cardigan without risking nicholascrawford's scorn.

Comment

there's nothing revolutionary about uniqlo, but you can get some damn steals from there no problem.

Comment

They have some cool stuff. I went to two of the stores in London while on vacation last summer, and I was impressed. They really are a better version of the Gap. Unfortunately, the exchange rate totally kills you, so I wasn't gonna buy from anywhere but the sale sections. I picked up a polo for 5 pounds and its fit is excellent. They also had some very nice looking umbrellas on clearance for 3 pounds, but it wouldn't have fit in my suitcase, so I couldn't pick one up.

My brother got one of their puffer jackets last winter off ebay, and that thing is extremely light and warm and it can be rolled up and stuffed into a tiny bag.

I'd prefer going up to the San Francisco store once it opens up over buying from their website, because their best deals seem to be in stores.

Comment

Working...
                      X