How does "Brooks Brothers slim fit" shirt comparison

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How does "Brooks Brothers slim fit" shirt comparison

Hello, Could someone tell me how the "BB slim fit" fits compared to jcrew slim fit. thanks in advance

I was comparing it to Land's End Tailored fit, and figured out they are pretty much the same. BB lists chest and waist measurements for all their shirts, and Land's End (and I assume J. Crew) can get you the same measurements. Just match them up, and you should be good to go.

Comment

I've felt that recently the BB slim fits really aren't that slim of a fit. Perhaps slimmer than their "classic" which is tent-like, but you might consider their extra, extra slim for more of a true trim fit.

Caveat: I am basing this off a larger XXL size which I don't feel is a very slim fit. The porportions of the middle of the road sizes might be different but I doubt that much.

"Waste no time arguing what a good man should be. Be one." – Marcus Aurelius

Comment

I don't have any of jcrew's slim fit, just their regular. However if it helps I can get you some measurements of bb esf in medium vs jcrew medium and soon bb slim and esf in small vs jcrew small.

Comment

@Sigweed.. Their letter sized shirts are not really slim. I ordered one or 2 from a Nordstrom sale that needs tailoring.

On the other hand, their dress shirts are definitely "slim fits"

Also, their extra slim fits are slimmer on the shoulders as well.. not just the trunk.

Comment

Agree with above - BB "slim" isn't very slim at all. The extra slim is more like a slim fit in most manufacturers.

Comment

One thing to note on brooks brothers. The slim fit are longer than the extra slim. For example I bought and extra slim in medium and a slim in small and the slim small is longer. Not good for us shorter guys, though heming a shirt should still be cheaper than shortening the sleeves.

Comment

Working...
              X