Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Focuspants
    replied

I believe the $45 fee youre speaking about is for hunt club members that do not act on their membership. If you choose to have items sent to you, or choose to opt out for the month, there are no associated fees. If you do nothing, they charge you $45 which is turned into credit. I am assuming it is to promote members actually taking an interest in their offerings each month, instead of joining for a single item. All it takes to avoid this situation is to log on at the beginning of the month and press a button to opt out for the month. That may put some people off, but I dont think it is a horrible business practice.

Everyone is obviously entitled to their own opinion on this matter, and I definitely agree the business model is not for everyone, but it also isnt predatory.

Leave a comment:

• jputman08
    replied

@bere09

Agreed. I guess this is just the world we live in.

Leave a comment:

• bere09
    replied

@Jared

No worries man! It's nice to be able to have a conversation on the internet without feeling like people are going to get pissed off.

Leave a comment:

• jputman08
    replied

@bere09 - Again, I'm not trying to sway. I've no horse in the race. Simply providing my experience. I'm sorry your experience was less than desirable. (<-- this is sincere and hopefully not misconstrued as sarcasm. I feel like I need to specify on the interwebs sometimes)

Leave a comment:

• bere09
    replied

@Jared

They may very well have changed the $45 policy, but I was so turned off by their practices that I had them remove me from the hunt club completely. I won't be going back.

Again, my feelings are all my PERCEPTION. I have no inside information or insight into how they run their business. They should worry though that some of their practices give customers this perception and I've seen it posted on many boards by far better people than me.

Leave a comment:

• jputman08
    replied

I'd like to say that when I returned my entire crate in September (didn't realize their stuff was made one size too small for me) I was not charged anything. Nor was there any credit added to my account as a result or "penalty". I never paid shipping in either direction. I'm not trying to sway anyone toward/away from Frank & Oak. I certainly believe everyone has a right to their own opinion.

I'm not sure about the blazer thing so I cannot speak to that. I don't have an opinion, because I'm not inclined to purchase a blazer without a test drive. I'm picky when it comes to fit. $125 seems high to me, but could be a value to someone else and worth the risk.

I can't speak to the durability of their items because October is the first time (out of two tries) that I have kept any of the items in my crate (I sized up this time around). But I've been very happy with the fit. For me personally, if I buy a dress shirt at Target I have to get it tailored. The aggregate cost for an item that fits me appropriately from Target is equal as compared to an item from F&O that fits me well out of the box and is of similar quality (IMHO). This is just my $.02.

Leave a comment:

• bere09
    replied

Frank and Oak in my opinion is one huge tease. This is merely my perception, but this is how I feel their business model works.

1) Advertise as a site that makes slim clothes for $50 or less, including blazers OMG!!!!

2) Make 2 blazers in each size for each style.

3) Force people to join a monthly club in order to have access to these blazers, however you can't pick them for your hunt club trial pack. You can only buy them outright.

4) Make slim fit clothing that is overpriced in most cases for the quality you receive to make up for the low/no margins that the blazers take in.

5) Send people the clothes that they pick out to try on. If they don't like anything, they can return it all, but if you do we're going to charge you $45 for a credit towards a future purchase.

6) Profit!

7) Get tons of mail complaining that the blazers sell out too fast, so you start making 3 per size per style and start charging more.

8) More Profit!

In case you couldn't tell, I'm not a fan of Frank & Oak or their incredibly deceptive business model.

Leave a comment:

• Focuspants
    replied

They just released some tweed blazers for $125 I got the email about tweed blazers and was about to hop on as many as they had at 50 each. Theyre $125 ea though. Not horribly priced, but quite a step up from 50.

Leave a comment:

• tdig
    replied

Here's an idea...Advertise that you're $50 or less and ACTUALLY price everything at $50 or less...

Leave a comment:

• gabe_gador
    replied

Waiting on the chestnut blazer I ordered last week... crossing fingers for a decent fit (36R).

Leave a comment:

• Redford
    replied

So I got my cord blazer in yesterday and while it looks like it would need the standard waist brought in and sleeves shortened, I noticed that it bunches up a little behind my neck. Now this happens to me when a blazer isn't big enough in a chest but I ordered the 40R this time and I'm 39" in the chest. It doesn't feel tight in the chest all so I'm not sure why it's doing. I'll probably have to end up returning it

Leave a comment:

• Eyerman
    replied

Sorry,

New to the boards.

Leave a comment:

• kinojay33
    replied

It's Hunt Club, and you have to sign up for it through Frank & Oak's website. There's a waiting list.

Also, there are several F&O threads on the forums already...might want to read & post in one of those next time. No worries though; we've all done it.

Leave a comment:

• Eyerman
    started a topic Frank and Oak

Frank and Oak

I just emailed Frank and Oak asking them why some things (i.e. the blazers) were not in view. They told me that these were Hunters Club Exclusives. So if you are not in this then you're out of luck...Unless someone that is in that club will post the deals for the Hunters Club monthly?

Working...
X