Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mark Shale is officially going out of business.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mark Shale is officially going out of business.

For those of you who don't live in the Chicago area, Mark Shale has been around for 83 years and specializes in selling extremely high quality (and expensive) men's and women's clothing. Every once in a while I was able to find a good deal at my local Oakbrook store. They frequently had items marked down. What many will remember them for is there unmatched service. Every time I walked in a store, I wasn't constantly bombarded by salespeople trying to sell me everything under the sun (think Nordstrom), but rather by friendly salespeople who took the time to learn my name and build up a relationship with me. Long story short, they ought to have some good deals on their remaining stock as everything is supposed to be marked down 30-50%. I can't confirm these deals myself as I'm in school in Milwaukee, but I know as soon as I can make it back home I'll be checking out what they have and report anything good back to you guys as soon as I can.

I'm seeing conflicting reports that they're a) filing for chapter 11 reorg and seeking a buyer, and b) going permanently out of business. Do you have any color from people in Chicago?

Comment

I will be heading to Chicago tonight and be there all weekend, if I can find time I will look into this.

Comment

The salesman I work with there sent me a text message confirming they're going out of business. I also received an email from Mark Shale advertising that they're going out of business.

Comment

Working...
        X