Hawkings McGill Boot .... and what do I wear with it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hawkings McGill Boot .... and what do I wear with it

I purchased this well reviewed boot on Dappered's recommendation and I've worn them sparingly. I plan on wearing them to a casual fall barn wedding, which I'm pumped about, but I can't seem to get over some internal hang up I have that prevents me from wearing them more often. I've worn them (right or wrong) with a light grey suit from BR as well but when I put them on with jeans I feel like a cowboy. Is this some irrational hang-up I'm having? If you own them, what do you pair them with?

I wear them with jeans quite often, or with cords (actually, I did that today). To be honest, I find that they pair better with more casual stuff because they get pretty creased and worn-in fairly quickly, since the leather is so low quality. Cuff those jeans and go for it!

"The principle can be established that for a man who does not cheat, what he believes to be true must determine his action."
    -- Albert Camus, The Myth of Sisyphus

Comment

Yeah, it's just a hang-up. =) Go for it!

Comment

Thanks, fellas. Sometimes there are things, for whatever reason, that I can't quite wrap my head around. I figured that it had to be me. Cheers!

Comment

I did too felt like a cowboy the first time I wore my Sebago Hamilton wingtip boots. But then I got complimented on them several times. I'm guessing girls like cowboys?

Comment

I wear mine all the time. Suits, chinos, jeans, doesn't matter. Constant compliments and at least for me, those boots are just SO comfortable.

Comment

Nice, MagM. I just couldn't see myself wearing these with chinos because they are a departure colorwise from what I'm used to wearing.

Comment

Definitely agree with everyone, rock them with confidence.

Which ones are they, the leather or the suede?

"Waste no time arguing what a good man should be. Be one." – Marcus Aurelius

Comment

Leather. I'm pretty rough on my shoes with dragging my feet and all. I haven't come around to the suedes just yet.

Comment

Doug-At least with gray chinos, they pop and pair well.

Comment

Working...
                    X