Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jake101
    replied

I typically have very broad shoulders, up until about a month ago when i was training for a marathon i weighed 210 and couldnt get past a 42 with the tailored bejeezus outta it. Recently ive gone down to 195 and am finally able to fit into a 40r which is amazing, because even regular fits look even better then the 42r slim.

Leave a comment:

• Sigtweed Corduroy
    replied

Thanks for the great feedback guys. Good thing is I can always return it so I'm good there.

Leave a comment:

• JT10000
    replied

I have the blue sharkskin and like it, but don't love it. The shoulders are a little too padded/big for me to love. If it wasn't for that, I'd consider it an awesome cheap suit. I was looking into the light gray glen plaid and had the same like/not love feeling and probably won't get it at typical Macy's "sale" price ($200 jacket, $90 suit). If I could get it for sub $200 as in that Bluefly promotion, I'd "jump in it."

I like the fit, the fabric is nice and soft, overall quite nice apart from shoulders.

Leave a comment:

• BB
    replied

By the way, if it's a trim fit, they mean it. Not skinny, but trim. Think Ludlow suiting.

Leave a comment:

• BB
    replied

I got the grey sharkskin from Burlington Coat two or so years ago -- my first suit. Got it well before I cared about clothes, but I've worn it a bunch and it looks fine. You'll get some good wear out of it. Shoulder pads are a bit big, but they're not the apocalyptic disaster that some around here seem to think they are.

Leave a comment:

• Jake101
    replied

i LITERALLY just came back from MAcy's with their navy sharksin suit. the fit was superb - i'm 6"0 190 and i just sized down to a 40r for the first time (woohoo)... as for quALITY, cant tell you that much, but it should really be much different then the other sub-300 suits.... and the should pads weren't so terrible. i was looking out for it based on what you mentioned, and it wasnt so terrible.

Leave a comment:

• Sigtweed Corduroy
    replied

Nobody?

Leave a comment:

• Sigtweed Corduroy
    replied

Just noticed Blue Fly's is final sale so I doubt I'd pull the trigger there...

Leave a comment:

• Sigtweed Corduroy
    started a topic Fit/Quality of Tommy Hilfiger suits...

Fit/Quality of Tommy Hilfiger suits...

Hey gang,

Anyone have any experience with their suits? I know Joe has lamented on the overly large shoulder pads in the past....

Haute Look has a pretty good deal on a cool looking suit and I'm thinking about pulling the trigger. Its a unique Glen Plaid and it is rare to find my larger size 48R/50R on sale. It is going for $199. The model is The Rains Two Button suit.

Blue Fly actually has it a little cheaper at $169 but only in a 48R not a 50R which is at Haute Look. Just curious how these suits might fit? It says a trim fit.

Here it is:

http://www.bluefly.com/Tommy-Hilfiger-navy-glen-plaid-wool-linen-Rains-2-button-suit-with-flat-front-pants/p/318446401/detail.fly

Thoughts?

Working...
X