No announcement yet.

Looking for a good slim fit shirt brand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@Shomas I'm surprised that the BB ESF don't fit you. I'm almost exactly the same size as you 5'9, 170lbs, 32" sleeve, 16" neck and they are the slimmest fitting OTR shirt I have found. You must have a really trim waist.

Comment

Thank you so much for all the advice and different brands. I had forgotten about Mr Porter, I'll have to check back when they have a sale. I'm probably going to cap my price for a shirt at $50 for now, so once the holidays roll around I should be able to find some good stuff. I'm bookmarking all of the different vendors you all are sending me, so again, thank you for the help!

Comment

Jeremy B, my waist is pretty average, I think (31"-32" depending on the pants), but I suspect the culprit is my neck. I have a 16.5" neck (actually, if I'm doing bespoke or MTM, it's probably closer to 16.75"). I think that having to get the BB ESF shirts in a 16.5" neck causes a sort of cascading effect down the fit of the rest of the shirt. And lest you think that my neck's girth is the bemuscled result of some awesome weight-training regimen, let me assure you that it is not. My people just have kinda flabby necks, even when we are relatively slim elsewhere (lucky me!).

Comment

Really can't answer this question without knowing your measurements. At 5'11, 172 lbs. I find the Banana Republic slim fit in medium to be the perfect fitting shirt for me. It is comfortable but not baggy at all in the shoulders/chest and pretty close/ but certainly not tight in the waist. My waist is 33, shoulders 48, chest 40.5. Truthly so far, BR is the only brand I've found that fits me in shirts. For both express 1MX and Jcrew shirts, I fall between their Medium and Large, with each fit being wrong in one area. HOpe that helps!

Comment

I'm gonna get a tailor to take measurements for me, I realized after I posted this thread that I should have done that first. I'll post up the measurements hopefully either tonight or tomorrow, depending on when I can get it done.

Comment

Working...
            X