Tailor Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tailor Question

Can I bring a suit to a dry cleaners who also does alterations to get it tailored? I have an idea of what I'd like done but I'd certainly feel safer with a knowledgeable tailor input.

My problem is I don't know of any exclusively tailors in my area. I tried Yelp but I don't see any really, or any with reviews.

Is a dry cleaners a safe option or does anyone know of a good tailor in the Central New Jersey area?

You *could*, but I would strongly advise against taking a suit to just some random joe blow dry cleaning shop that happens to also do alterations. Suits are expensive, you want someone who will do the job right the first time. Check styleforum, they typically have tailor threads for all manner of locations.

Comment

Next question: do I need to have the item of clothing in dry cleaned fashion? Or can I just wash and iron it, then take it to the tailor?

Comment

I hope you aren't planning on washing a suit, otherwise I've always found that it helps to have shirts ironed. I don't know if it's completely necessary, but I would think you'd want the fabric as straight as possible.

Comment

not worried about washing or dry cleaning at the moment, suit is still new. but thanks for the input. I figured dry cleaners wasn't the way to go.

thanks for the tip about styleforum I'll check that out.

Comment

Working...
          X