Pants for guys with tree trunks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nelly, check jcrew size charts

Also shoulders you do across the back from outside of bone to outside of bone.

Comment

Originally posted by LittleNelly View Post
      My thighs aren't quite as big but as a active runner I have a similar issue and I have settled on bonobos for pants at the moment. They suit you better if you have more mass in your upper legs/butt. However, a lot of their stuff isn't as tapered in the calf as some of us would like. It looks like with their newer slim fit chino's, they are trying to address that.
      +1 on Bonobos for fit above the knee. +1 more for the lack of a taper below it on their straight fit pants. I've tried slim straight cuts of theirs in jeans and they were crazy tight in the thigh (tried 30 and 31 waist). I like the way they fit my thighs so well though that I'm thinking I'll just have them tailored to put a little more taper below the knee.

Another no go on pants for me is Express. I'd have to wear a 30 in waist, but doing that is like wearing a tourniquet on my thighs (23in) and I'm pretty sure you can count my nut hairs through the pants too. Do not want.

Comment

Im 5'9" 190. I wear. 42/44 jacket and 33/34. I have 24.5" quads and I have found that the gap outlet vintage straight fit really well, even in 33. I usually just size up to 34 and wear a belt with most others though. Also, the target merona tailored fit chinos fit surprisingly good although the material could be a little nicer. I also like the gap khakis tailored fit straight. I have them in nearly every color. The Bedford fit from JCF are also good. as far as jeans, I have a pair of 514s that fit good, but I think the GAP 1969 original fit (not standard fit) are the best I have tried on in a long time.
        Countryside Man of Letters

Comment

@Nelly-- I really like the BR sweaters. They are a little snug in the chest/shoulders (my measurements are the same as yours in the chest/shoulders) at first, but since they rarely get washed they will give a little and end up fitting really well.
          Countryside Man of Letters

Comment

@markb thanks for feedback, I assume you are wearing size medium in be sweaters? I've never kept one on for more than a minute because its just too snug in chest/shoulders. Maybe I'll give this a shot.

Comment

@mark + @nelly
              I have a similar measurement- I wear medium in BR for sweaters. I hear what your saying about them being tight- they are tight-but as noted by Mark, they do give.
              BUT the problem I have with their sweaters is their quality- I have a few of their merino sweaters, and I find that the merino to be paper thin. And since they are tight (and paper thin) you have to be careful putting them on or else they will tear. Once you have it on, it maybe tight the first 2,3 times (so you will need to put it on slowly), but it will shape-out overtime. The tightness adds a cleaner look especially if have a good upper body (which it sounds like you do).
              Also do give jcrew a shot (as mentioned by @shadow)

Comment

Originally posted by LittleNelly View Post
                My thighs aren't quite as big but as a active runner I have a similar issue and I have settled on bonobos for pants at the moment. They suit you better if you have more mass in your upper legs/butt. However, a lot of their stuff isn't as tapered in the calf as some of us would like. It looks like with their newer slim fit chino's, they are trying to address that.
                hmmm...bonobos..I keep on going to their site, and I find their too prices high for my budget for very simple items.

Originally posted by MarkB View Post
                Im 5'9" 190. I wear. 42/44 jacket and 33/34. I have 24.5" quads and I have found that the gap outlet vintage straight fit really well, even in 33. I usually just size up to 34 and wear a belt with most others though. Also, the target merona tailored fit chinos fit surprisingly good although the material could be a little nicer. I also like the gap khakis tailored fit straight. I have them in nearly every color. The Bedford fit from JCF are also good. as far as jeans, I have a pair of 514s that fit good, but I think the GAP 1969 original fit (not standard fit) are the best I have tried on in a long time.
                interesting tip in regards to gap outlet pants......I'll have to look into that...in terms of up-sizing in the waist, dont the pants scrunch up along the waist area (when wearing a belt)?
                Earlier posts in the thread mention doing the same thing and im baffeled by this in terms of having well fitted pants.
                Im surprised about the suggestion of gap khakis tailored fit straight. I have found gap tailored fit slim fitting...I'll have to revisit
                The Bedford fit from JCF -thanks for the tip..

I have good success with Jcrews Bowery classic (wool)...(when on super sale), and BR classic fit (dress)pants.
                Also for work, I have some Kenneth Cole Reaction (poly pants- I cant spend all my money on dry cleaning :/ )

Comment

I registered just to say this. I've found that for some reason these Perry Ellis Portfolio slim fit flat front dress pants work for me, and I've never found another pair of dress pants that does. Macy's has had them for a while and the color rotate from time to time so I have more pairs than just the three that are listed right now on the site.

They are the only pants that give me enough room in the thigh to sit down without feeling like I'm gonna bust the seams, and still slim down nicely in the calf and have a narrow opening at the ankle.

http://www1.macys.com/shop/product/p...ront?ID=580668

Most Macy's should carry them in at least one color, I've had luck finding them in multiple different Macy's stores in Chicago and in Minneapolis.

The one thing to know about these is that the fabric inexplicably looks like it's a subtle herringbone texture in every color. This threw me off at first but on second consideration it's actually really subtle and kind of nice too.

Comment

Originally posted by fumanchu282 View Post
                    I registered just to say this. I've found that for some reason these Perry Ellis Portfolio slim fit flat front dress pants work for me, and I've never found another pair of dress pants that does. Macy's has had them for a while and the color rotate from time to time so I have more pairs than just the three that are listed right now on the site.

They are the only pants that give me enough room in the thigh to sit down without feeling like I'm gonna bust the seams, and still slim down nicely in the calf and have a narrow opening at the ankle.
                    welcome- and thanks for you comment.
                    I too have some Perry Ellis Portfolio pants..2 pairs...
                    one fits is great, but the drop on it seems kind've big.
                    the other pair - which maybe slim- seems to be too tight for me. Im not sure if my legs just grew (possible) or the pants just shrunk ;/

Comment

Working...
                    X