Deodorant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deodorant

Hey all, curious what type of deodorant you use, specifically the all-natural variety. My criteria is: all-natural / paraben-free, smells good, doesn't get on clothing, and works, which has been quite challenging to find. Thankfully I don't sweat much, so anti-perspirant isn't needed.

The only brand I've found that fits the above bill is Herban Cowboy, http://www.herbancowboy.com/, which I'd highly recommend. 'Wild' is awesome...smells great (slightly sweet, which I prefer over muskier scents) and works reasonably well. Downside is it isn't cheap ($8-ish a bar).

Any recommendations? I like having a few options.

I use Certain-Dri and Certain-Dri AM. I tend to "run hot" as they say, and this prevents any unsightly pit/sweat stains from coming through. Been using it for about 3 years now and I swear by the stuff.

Comment

I have been using Old Spice for years.

Comment

Thanks gents. I probably should have highlighted more clearly that I was only looking for 'all-natural / paraben-free' recommendations, which I don't believe either Certain-Dri or Old Spice are. But, interesting to hear your choices, none the less!

Comment

I use Trader Joe's are Tom's of Maine. No idea if it really makes a difference, to be honest.

Comment

Sorry, I don't use natural. I use Certain-Dri roll-on. Works beastly well, along with a standard unscented roll-on (Certain-Dri AM is scented, as far as I recall) in the AM.

Comment

I stopped using anti-perspirants when I got tired of the aluminum stains on all my shirts.

I currently rotate between a baking soda-based Arm & Hammer deodorant, and Tom's of Maine. The A&H feels more like an anti-perspirant but from what I've read, it still contains some ingredients that aren't necessarily any better than aluminum. The Tom's is more natural but leaves a bit of a sticky feeling under my arms. Both seem to be effective at preventing odor, and neither has left any kind of stain on my shirts.

I've also tried a Burt's Bees deodorant but really hate how it feels.

Ben

Comment

I'm interested in this, as well. I've had a helluva time finding a deodorant that works and lasts all day, and after years of crusty yellow spots on my t-shirts from using aluminum-based anti-perspirant I'd rather stick to plain deodorant. I tried Tom's of Maine unscented but my wife complained about my BO so so much for that. I'm currently using a sage-scented spray-on by Burt's Bees but by the end of the day it's worn off and I'd also prefer a stick rather than spray. I picked up a stick of Old Spice Classic "Fresh" for my desk at work (for days when I bike to work), but if possible I'd rather go with an all-natural deodorant, as well. I'm just becoming suspicious that none of them work for my body.

I've read good things about the MenScience Advance Deodorant but at $17 for 2.6 oz. it sure ain't cheap.

Comment

I like Arm & Hammer usually. I usually just go with the cheapest brand though.

Comment

Keihl's might have what you want. I got an oatmeal and bran bar of soap from them over the weekend after liking the sample size I got from Birchbox Man.

Comment

I am using Jason and find it works well.

Comment

I like Malin + Goetz Euclalyptus. Yeah, its expensive, but worth it to me. Alcohol and aluminum free.

Comment

I use Toms apricot scented. It smells better than me and my wife likes it. On the days that I bike into the office, it wears off more quickly, so I will wipe myself down with a baby wipe and re-apply sometime in the early-to-mid afternoon.

Comment

I use the Everyman Jack brand of deodorant. Yes, its ridiculously overpriced, but I really love that signature mint smell. I've only been able to find it at Whole Foods, which is surprising considering target carries a lot of EMJ products almost exclusively.

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions everyone...I'm going to give Everyman Jack, Jason, Kiehl, and Malin + Goetz a look. I've tried Toms, but their stuff doesn't work at all for me (wears off in an hour or two).

BenR and Matt, definitely give Herban Cowboy stuff a try. You may have to re-apply once during the day, but I generally don't have to, and I think the scents they have are awesome. Wild is my favorite, but if you like more traditional scents, Dusk may be the way to go. Hope you find something that works for you!

Comment

Working...
                              X