max you would pay for used pair of Allen Edmonds on eBay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

max you would pay for used pair of Allen Edmonds on eBay

Assuming that they are used but in good condition and one of the more desirable models (i.e. Strand, McCallister, Park Ave, Neumok, Dalton, etc.), what is the most you would pay for a used pair of AE shoes on eBay?

$40 plus shipping. I get outbid all the time, but if I said $50, I would be winning almost half of the auctions which would be problematic for the marriage. Winning one a month? Feels great.

Comment

Prob somewhere around the $50 mark like nicholas said. I've seen plenty go for as high as $90+shipping, which seems crazy to me, since you can get them brand new on sale for $200ish.

Comment

I've never purchased a pair of AE's yet from ebay

but I would probably pay <$65

Comment

Depends on the model.

For popular ones that are easy to find and pop up on there frequently, $50-60. To spend that it'd have to be something I need (like Park Avenues right now... hah)

For Daltons, I'd pay $100 or more if they were mint.

Comment

I just watched used Daltons hit $170. Nit wits.

Park Aves and Strands have definite price premiums which makes the McAllister even more attractive to me. I don't bid on shoes requiring resoling since that would quadruple my budget. But small flaws or scratches? No problem.

Don't hesitate to spend $100 on a desirable pair, but you better be confident of your size before buying since this isn't Zappos or Nordstrom. I just stick to watching for deals because I'm shopping for wants not needs.

Comment

Like everyone else ~$50 for used, just paid $55 for Shell Leeds that are in great shape.

I did pay $100 for Strands about 2 weeks ago, but those were brand new.

Comment

I know what size I am in park ave so I should be the same size in strands. Does anyone have either of those and Mctavish? I'm trying to figure out what size Mctavish' to get if I'm an 8.5 in the other ones.

Comment

As somebody who wears a 10D (sometimes 9.5E), I'd just like to ask what size shoes y'all wear that are regularly finding nice AEs for ~$50. I check pretty frequently and I've never seen Daltons go for anything less than near 300, Park Avenues regularly go above 100 if they're barely worn, strands easily above 100 if they appear at all. I guess the less popular models do go for quite cheap, but they're also ones that I don't really care to wear!

Comment

LosRockets - I feel exactly the same way you do. I also wear a 10D in most shoes and it is much more difficult to find AE shoes for less than $100. I have purchased very lightly used Park Avenues for less than $100, but it is rare.

Comment

@Vicious49 the McTavish is the same last so it should fit the same? or close.

@LosRockets: according to the AE fit guide, I'm a size 9 borderline D/E width. Just got to be patient and persistent, do a custom search for common misspellings of Edmonds and see what comes up. I was surprised that I was the only bidder for my Allen Edmunds Strand.

Comment

Just started trying to hunt shoes on ebay. I got these guys for $41 shipped via best offer.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/110938284030?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p398 4.m1497.l2649

I get nervous about paying anything over $50 because I'm used to thrift stores. I can see how some pairs may be worth it though. Personally though I'd just wait for the bargain.

Comment

I am a 10D as well and you are right. I was surprised to hear people only pay $50 when all I see are $100+ for anything worth wearing.

Comment

An 11D/E is ideal for me, but I'll wear a B just for frugality and vanity with a sleek shoe. Patience is the key! You might get two in a week then not see anything but black tassel loafers for a month.

Comment

I'm a 13D so I think deals are slightly more common in big sizes, but Nick is right. You're not going to find amazing deals on there daily,but as long as you're patient, there are good deals.

Comment

Working...
                              X