Help with AE Park Avenue fit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with AE Park Avenue fit

I ordered the Park Avenues in 10.5E from amazon so I do have free returns. They feel like they are a half size too long. Would switching to a 10E alleviate this problem or do I need to change my width to solve the problem with the fit around the ankle?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Can explain what the fit problem is? If they feel too long, yes, try sizing down.

Comment

You could probably size down one based on the lacing. It's OK to have some space at the top of an oxford

Comment

AE 5-last, which includes Park Avenues and Strands, is notorious for running long. I sized down a half size and was fine in PAs.

Comment

The thing I am most concerned about are the gaps between the ankle and the leather because I feel like it will end up wearing weirdly. There is already a slight crease from walking around in them were the leather juts out around the ankle in pic #2. Is this normal?

Comment

I wouldn't worry about how it looks and just focus on how your foot feels. You'll get creases all over in about a week.

Comment

Second nich. I have the AE PA too. Size down if you want, but wear em and forget em is my advice

Comment

@johnny: this is currently a notorious problem with AE called "bowing". It is NOT because you have the wrong fit. I've posted on styleforum about this when I had the same issue and a few members as well as the VP of manufacturing from AE replied to me.

I had mine replaced with a new pair that's better, but still not 100% perfect.

I would say yours are mild/moderate. Odds are if you replace them you'll end up with something similar unless you can get them to let you try on 3-4 pairs of shoes.

See here: http://www.styleforum.net/t/141581/allen-edmonds-appreciation-thread/8730

I'm pretty much over AE at this point, as I've had serious issues with nearly ever pair of shoes I've bought from them. I plan on trying Meermin next.

Comment

Working...
                X