Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AE Blazer - Can a tailor fix tight sleeves?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AE Blazer - Can a tailor fix tight sleeves?

So, I picked up the AE Legendary Blazer at 40% off, which basically made it dirt cheap.

However, since it was August in Texas, I was wearing a short sleeve polo shirt when I tried it on. After getting it home and trying to layer with it, the sleeves start getting very constricting around the elbows. It's noticeable even with just a button up and becomes downright annoying with a shirt/sweater/blazer combo. Certainly moreso than the other blazer and suit jacket in my closet.

Is this something a tailor can fix, or should I return to AE?

Offending Blazer here:

http://www.ae.com/web/browse/product...=0107_9381_410

There will have to be enough seam allowance to let out the sleeve. You might be able to feel it under the lining, but you probably won't know for sure until you take out the lining of the sleeve.

Since you got it for so cheap it might be worth investigating at your tailor.

Comment

Thanks. Yes, I tried to feel under it, but it's hard to say.

Comment

Most items in this this price range are not made with extra fabric for alterations in the sleeves but maybe for sleeve length.

Comment

@lib: I have tried to feel under the lining for extra fabric, and I can't do it. My tailor has tried to show me how to do it, she can just feel the area and tell me exactly how much there is to let out. I guess that's what you learn after 40 years in the business.

Comment

Are these too casual to wear with khakis?

Comment

Working...
            X