What to do with my seersucker sport coat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What to do with my seersucker sport coat

I bought the aimon sport coat from club monaco when they had it on sale, and I can't for the life of me figure out what to wear it with. I've tried a couple of things I have to see how it looks and I'm so daft at picking out a complete outfit that I'm looking for opinions, and maybe some options from you people. So here's one thing I tried out.

Colors are extremely close to exact match, except the tie of course. Also what about these jeans with it.

personally I would wear a lighter coloured shirt at least. The outfit is a bit too dark for me, not enough contrast.

I wear mine almost exactly like this, but my tie is madras with identical colours just some pink added in.

http://www.bonobos.com/the-charlesto...cker-suit-navy

Comment

I'd go white or light blue shirt. For pants, off-white or light grey cotton or linen seem like good bets. Maybe khaki, or better yet brown cotton or linen. Or as a suit.

Comment

One trick I do when looking for an outfit to go with a particular piece is to google that piece and hit the images. Most of the time you get product shots that were professionally dressed, so it gives you ideas. You could give that a stab, see what you come up with.

Comment

Grey seersucker... club monaco's model for that jacket looks pretty drab.

That's a tough one! I'm interested to know what comes of this. I vote brown/tan/etc. gingham if there's any blue in the color of the jacket... and I'd avoid a tie because I'm bad at ties.

Comment

White shirt, jeans = out the door!

Comment

Working...
            X