AE Strand defect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

@90Shilling I returned a pair of Stands twice after purchasing the first pair during the Nordstrom's sale. I had a similar "defect". Mine were worse than yours the first time, and about the same the second time. The first pair had gnarled broguing, some of the holes were not punched out, and there were random black marks like the ones you have. I returned them in-store and had another pair shipped out. The second pair also had the black marks/stains on the leather by the laces. It looked almost as if it was scrap leather they tried to use. It was very minor, but I know I would always be annoyed by it, so I returned them again and finally got a pair I was satisfied with.

Comment

Considering those are seconds, you got away with murder. I've seen firsts in much worse condition. Allen Edmonds quality assurance is among the worst in the industry. Walmart throw-aways incur a much more robust QA procedure. That being said, the customer service team will try to work with you, but will shrug their shoulders at the mention of low quality seconds. An exact quote from them: "seconds are what they are," which indicates to me that there is literally no defined criteria that differentiates between a second, and a complete disaster. The company policy is "your mileage may vary."

Comment

@90Schilling: those looks great! It looks like you haven't polished them either. The "defect" will probably be masked a bit when you polish them up.

Comment

Working...
          X